Server Message

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

tals
level1
level1
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Server Message

Postby tals » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:02 am

Thankyou for adding in the lobby chat - great improvement. Could you have the ability to enter a server message.

eg a message to be displayed when a player joins the lobby. The messages I think would be particularly useful would be afk messages.

Tals
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:12 am

While I second the notion that server messages would be great, for your use case, just saying "I'll be back soon, just fetching my coffee" should suffice. Players joining late see the previous chat.
tals
level1
level1
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Postby tals » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:While I second the notion that server messages would be great, for your use case, just saying "I'll be back soon, just fetching my coffee" should suffice. Players joining late see the previous chat.


I hadn't appretiated that. In which case it's not really needed :( or maybe a :D to the devs.

Now we just need more people playing this baby
User avatar
Culex
level1
level1
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:58 am

Postby Culex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:54 am

tals wrote:Now we just need more people playing this baby


Maybe there are some people not buying the game for some reasons, or get beaten by the AI and don't want to blame themselves online.
User avatar
NeatNit
level5
level5
Posts: 2929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Postby NeatNit » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:00 pm

People who get beaten by the AI do because the AI cheats with crates. It's true, it does.
User avatar
Culex
level1
level1
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:58 am

Postby Culex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:42 pm

NeatNit wrote:People who get beaten by the AI do because the AI cheats with crates. It's true, it does.


I really don't know what information you beta testers got, if the source code or game internal information was included, but that's a very cheap way to "improve" the AI. But almost every game uses this cheap trick. Even Super Smash Bros. Melee: Just set the directional influence higher than a human can achieve, we're done.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:47 pm

Culex wrote:
NeatNit wrote:People who get beaten by the AI do because the AI cheats with crates. It's true, it does.


I really don't know what information you beta testers got, if the source code or game internal information was included, but that's a very cheap way to "improve" the AI. But almost every game uses this cheap trick. Even Super Smash Bros. Melee: Just set the directional influence higher than a human can achieve, we're done.


That's not a cheap trick, THIS is a Cheap Trick.
User avatar
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: UK

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:05 pm

The AI knows what you are going to do, even before you do it. I saw it, it's coded into the game!

/me runs from NDA
User avatar
jelco
level5
level5
Posts: 6018
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:45 am
Location: Cygnus X-1
Contact:

Postby jelco » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:07 pm

MarvintheParanoidAndroid wrote:The AI knows what you are going to do, even before you do it. I saw it, it's coded into the game!

Don't tell them about the prototype Chronometer code!

Oh wait.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:01 pm

NeatNit: Evidence?
User avatar
Shwart!!
level5
level5
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:36 am

Postby Shwart!! » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:40 am

NeatNit: Sarcasm?

Shwart!!

Return to “The Future”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest