Problem with "The Third Kind"

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

skull13
level3
level3

Problem with "The Third Kind"

Postby skull13 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14 pm

As anyone who has played this level may know, the Futurewinians are to kill the defenders powering the shield to the main base. However, you can make your base impregnable by killing them before this occurs. The solution is to simply change the color of the shield on the island, or deny the defender's armor.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:51 pm

This is well documented and due to be fixed, fear not.
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:20 pm

I never noticed this (I just played three rounds of the third kind in a row) although I did notice it was kind of hard to win when you are attacking..... I even tried defending against a hard computer and it was a breeze till the last half minutes but by then they didn't have time to do anything.
[insert outrageously funny/insightful comment here]
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:34 am

Indeed. I've noticed that by merely using manual turret control, and dumping all his new MWs at that turret in formation, it's basically impossible for the attacker to get past the first point. The last game I played, the only thing that allowed him to continue on at all was when I got Evilninians right behind the defence.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:43 am

Phevnil wrote:I never noticed this (I just played three rounds of the third kind in a row)

Well, hopefully you've been playing against people that decided not to cheat, or just don't know about it. The fix is on the way anyway.

Pinky wrote:Indeed. I've noticed that by merely using manual turret control, and dumping all his new MWs at that turret in formation, it's basically impossible for the attacker to get past the first point. The last game I played, the only thing that allowed him to continue on at all was when I got Evilninians right behind the defence.

The attacker must be deeply useless if they can't even storm one turret... maybe if they just set up one direct line of advancing MWs and allow them all to be mown down they won't get through, but there's more than one way to skin a cat.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:58 am

He certainly wasn't useless, I had about 300 MWs behind the turret, and I'm quite good at manual control.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:05 am

Yes, I've basically made the same experience. The problem is that the ground there is relatively flat, so you can really mow down the hordes, and your formations handle those few that get throug. But of course, that's nothing compared to the first two turrets on absolutely flat ground on Beyond the Pale.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Pinky wrote:He certainly wasn't useless, I had about 300 MWs behind the turret, and I'm quite good at manual control.

...and if you had time to get 300 units in there, he was too slow getting in there first.
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:06 pm

He took the first mass of units straight up front - for that one I had 100 MWs behind the turret, but considering that I took no casualties from that, it's a fair indication of the huge strength of that position.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:32 am

Pinky wrote:He took the first mass of units straight up front - for that one I had 100 MWs behind the turret, but considering that I took no casualties from that, it's a fair indication of the huge strength of that position.

Seriously, though, it should never take more than one assault to take down that point. There are at least 2 good ways to do it, plus the standard 'fan'n'spam'.
If it takes more than three, your attacker is probably doing something wrong.

Shwart!!

Return to “The Future”