Feature Request: Pop. Cap Notification?

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

mehoo462
level2
level2

Feature Request: Pop. Cap Notification?

Postby mehoo462 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:47 pm

Just wondering if this is possible, doable or a good idea.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe the game has a population cap. Which is fine and probably necessary. However, it'de be nice to have some notification of when you've HIT that population cap.

There have been several games where I have a vulnerable spawn point and am relying on the multiwinians that will pop out of that spawner momentarily to defend the point. However, they don't come. I get a little confused and kind of frustrated as my spawn point is undefended. Then I go "oh shoot, maybe I'm at my pop. cap." Then I send a horde of multiwinians I've acquired on the other side of the map to their dooms and the spawn begins pumping out multiwinians as expected. The problem is by the time i go through all this it's usually too late.

Some sort of notification when you're at your pop. cap would be nice. I personally don't enjoy being surprised by the fact that my spawners aren't working.

This could be a simple as a message like the crate messages or the powerup limit-> "Population Limit Reached"

A more effective solution would probably be a little icon that appears in the upper right or in the scoreboard or something to show that you're at the limit and the spawners aren't working. Could be a little picture of a spawner with an X through it. Appears when you're at the limit. Disappears when some DGs have died.

Just thoughts. I just realized this probably belongs in the other forum, but since the "power up limit reached" message is going in this patch, i thought it might be doable to add a "population limit reached."
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Wrong forum, I think. It's a good idea, happens to me every now and then too, I think a good way to show it is a spawn point that can't spawn any more will turn black. Also, sometimes I don't get spawns in the least populated area of the map. Totally a glitch.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:32 am

Neatnit, the population cap is global, I believe, not specific to areas. I think one of the gamemodes (can't remember which, it had islands though) in the beta had per-spawn-island caps, but I'm not sure if that's still in there.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:54 am

I'm fairly certain Multiwinia employs "per-player" pop caps. Also, a notification would indeed be a very welcome addition.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Pox wrote:Neatnit, the population cap is global, I believe, not specific to areas. I think one of the gamemodes (can't remember which, it had islands though) in the beta had per-spawn-island caps, but I'm not sure if that's still in there.
Guys were spawning everywhere else.. D:
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Guys on your team, or the other teams?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Other teams, I believe. But I THINK I was outnumbered. I'm probably wrong though, since the per player limit makes sense.
cde
level2
level2

Postby cde » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:31 pm

I can't believe nobody has requested a Pop. Tire Notification.
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:01 pm

I agree a notification for when the population limit would be a welcomed addition. Well, at least for me.
JousterL
level2
level2

Postby JousterL » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:32 am

Yeah, but I think I recall a time during a game when the pop. cap. had finished (no new spawns) and then it triggered a Spawn Rush, so there may be exceptions to the cap. My memory is a little fuzzy on it though.
JousterL

Return to “The Future”