A new mode - Team Defence

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Would you play a Defence Co-Op Mode, if IV added it?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 23
Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Donat wrote:rotating stop motion foamwinian? Your not going to start stop-motion fights between your foamwinian tribes are you?

Maybe. Animated gifs FTW.
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:14 pm

makes me want a foamwinian, too bad i like steam and didn't order a tin.
Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Donat wrote:makes me want a foamwinian, too bad i like steam and didn't order a tin.

I put a Multiwinia shortcut in the steam "My games" tab. Basically works the same.
Aegis Tyra
level1
level1

Postby Aegis Tyra » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:54 pm

So from the 94% in favour, I take it that's a resounding "yes!" so far. :D
You heard us, IV. Even if it's only tweaked Assault maps, this would be awesome.
And to clarify - this isn't 2 humans v 2 CPU, as you can currently do in Assault. This is four humans (ideally) taking on one, vastly numerically superior force, under one AI, that doesn't get a drip of reinforcements every minute, it gets a torrent, and the existing EW AI seems to default to "Bastard who hates you all and wants to kill you, your mother, and your unborn children", so it should work nicely. In the best cases, it should see players desperately shuttle MWGs with Armours to reinforce each other's positions, taking a turret each to seal a breach before the black hordes swarm in, and generally be everything co-op modes are - the kind of experience that, once you've come out the other side, should invoke more than just "gg" or "gd n00b". Right now, there's very little Co-Op in Multiwinia - just team play. That's not the point of this. Co-Op is remembering that last stand at teh gate to the Tripod factory, manning a turret each and laying down covering fire for your buddies Armours as they drop off desperately needed reinforcements - and sometimes, it's even berating the idiot who abandoned you and retreated early, leaving hundreds of MWGs surrounded, left to die.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:29 pm

Why are people so obsessed with tripods?

Anyway the main problem at current is that, if you can survive for 1 minute, typically you can survive for 10. It's difficult to create an overwhelming force because, at current, multiwinia is designed specifically to try and prevent this from occuring! This was the main reason I was making an attack vs evilwinians map... that may be on the back burner until I can resolve some of the issues that I've come across...

I've been experimenting with some people online and handed on a version of fort zulu over that people can mess with. It's not very good. I think someone's posted about it somewhere...

Return to “The Future”