New Game Mode: Atlantis

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Kuth
level4
level4

New Game Mode: Atlantis

Postby Kuth » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:17 am

I think this was inspired by the Tidal wave suggestion...

Basically: an island. Players start at the edges of the island.

The water level starts to steadily creep up the slopes of the mountain, forcing players to advance further up the island to get to the spawn points. Ultimately there's the highest peak(s) of the island, where it's safe, but one has to keep in mind that if they don't capture more spawn points, they'll be overwhelmed by players who have.

Once the island is finished sinking, the winner is determined by the most Darwinians left 'surviving' on the peaks.
Artman40
level1
level1

Postby Artman40 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:17 am

It's actually quite a nice idea! Rising water levels should be easy to make. I think those maps should be large though so it would have many important spots in many different heights which could be used as an advantage until they're flooded.

Many of these maps would also have virii to guard important spots or certain choke points which would make things extra tense so you'd better not get caught between them or rising water levels.
Miktor
level1
level1

Postby Miktor » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:07 am

I think this would be better just as a map with the gametype domination and with rising water, like all the other maps with special stuff.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:21 pm

I have yet to see any *winia-map have rising water levels. Nevertheless, I like the idea.

Multiwinia is too much like Worms, or perhaps rather too much what worms should have grown to become? Or spiritual successor, etc.

Which reminds me - Montyphy, Worms mod, now! (Is he even around? Haven't seen him lately ... let me try to lure him out).

In Multiwinia, I did 'The Last Stand' really well last night </montyphy-bait> :roll:
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:37 am

Better than me? I did the entire map, attacking, in 12.5 minutes today-every island, even the 'inaccessible' ones. My ally was useless, so I was forced to Mountain Jump(tm) onto his starting island.

Shwart!!
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:51 am

Mm... I suppose a Domination map with a 'weather' gimmick (like the tornado in melting pot) might work. I just thought a disaster-related countdown might be a neat twist. But unlike Assault, it's more of a free-for-all to survive the incoming holocost.

Hmm... I wonder if that should be a gametype in of itself: Disaster. Darwinian players have to survive a given disaster. Escaping from a lava flow just occurred to me.

Return to “The Future”