Pitch your Power-up idea!

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Krion112 wrote:Drain: non-placement powerup. the water level in the map drain to empty. several crates can be found in the drained areas, but drain only last for 50 seconds. When the water rises again, anything within the drained areas are instantly destroyed (even objects that float)
I can't seem to remember anything floating..?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Armours. Well, they don't float, but drive at the bottom of the sea. And ant(s nests). Engineers and Harvesters also float/hover around, and a suddenly increasing water level may catch them off guard.
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:50 pm

on drain, the harvester's bubble would suddenly get filled up with water, until it bursts, in which the bubble would pop, and then the harvester's main body would fall and detonate.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Krion112 wrote:ninja-winians: causes the multiwinians selected to run faster, and have higher rate of fire. They also 'jump' away from grenades. They're slightly invisible from enemy players (having a slight transperency, especially when moving). lasts for 40 seconds.

I kinda like this one, actually. One of the few decent/good ideas to come of this thread, given that it would be an interesting powerup, isn't really unbalanced (in theory), and doesn't mess with the game by adding new mechanics (such as dynamic water, completely new unit-types, 'hero' DGs (of which there are surprisingly a lot of suggestions)).
This last point I find most important for the purpose of suggestion, because 1) it keeps the gameplay intact and 2) IV is more likely to add something that isn't a lot of work than something that they have to code totally new stuffs for.

Shwart!!
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:28 pm

Wouldnt ninja-winians just mix mechanics from rage, and the mission complete "happy jump" of the darwinians?
red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:32 pm

bert the spam email would stay there unlike uotbreak which just shoots cool corrupting beams once

and another suggestion

bilding shield(rubish name i know): shield an single building (spawn point hill zone flag Ect) for 30 secs with a shield like personal shield exept nothing can go in or out of the shield including wepon fire and viruses so it could be used to trap and army in azone while you take all the oter hill zones or protect a spawn point or stufff like that

super formation( im really bad at names): click on the officer at the back of an formation and his formation gets rage personal shield hot feat and subversion (if subversion works with rage) for anywhere between 10 and 60 secs
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:14 pm

This isn't a powerup idea but in the Darwinia manual there was aomethind in the virus section. It said that there were once cow-like cratures that roamed the land. I was thinking it might be a good idea to bring them back. They could be placed like units in the map editor when it comes out, and in game they could idle around the landscape and do.... something. I haven't thought this through.

Also, Plague Egg: An egg thats fired from a triffid that creats a a small green explosion that infects nearby DG's.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:19 am

The plague is bad enough already. We really don't need any more plagued powerups...
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:23 am

It wouldnt do too much really. DG's allready flee from eggs and lob grenades at them. The odds of the egg infecting aany more than a couple of isolated DG's is very small.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:51 am

elexis wrote:It wouldnt do too much really. DG's allready flee from eggs and lob grenades at them. The odds of the egg infecting aany more than a couple of isolated DG's is very small.

You're forgetting one very important race... Futurewinians. If there's a default piss-green colored viral infection that comes into a futurewinian's nest o' spawns, chances are high that it WILL spread 'cause you'll be spending as much time keeping your multiwinians away from the infected zones while defending your big spawns from the viruses and futurewinians... At least that's what I do.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:05 am

And whats wrong with screwing over the race that screw's over every other race? And i've never seen futurewinians gat the plague.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 am

Large Squad: creates a squad with 5 units instead of only 3

Rocket Squad: creates a normal 3-man squad that has rockets instead of grenades but only lasts for 20 or 30 seconds instead of 60

Tank: similar to the normal armor, but has openings in the sides to allow up to 15 or 20 MW's to fire lasers (with a slightly increased firing range), and the occasional grenade (only one at a time so it's not overpowered). And make some small change to the unit model so the player can tell the difference between it and a normal armor.

Miniwinians: a neutral faction like Evilinians and Futurewinians, that are spawned from opening the crate (similarly to the re-enforcements crate). They spawn about 100 of them from the crate and act just like a normal MWG except they move slightly faster, shoot faster, throw more grenades, but they are half the size of a normal MWG and their lasers and grenades do half as much damage. And if they take a spawn point, each spawn gives them 40 troops instead of only 20. The main trait that sets them apart from everyone else is their increased movement speed. As for color, maybe they could take on the color of the team that opened the crate, but with a slight glow like the Futurewinians, or take on a negative color.

Grenade Rage: just like normal rage, but with grenades and only lasts half as long

Cluster Bomb: cast it like eggs, but a single grenade that explodes like a normal grenade and sprays out a hand full of smaller grenades up into the air that explode on impact with the ground (like the air-strike grenades, but a smaller blast radius)

Laser Strike: exactly like an air-strike, but with more flyers, and they fire a large volley of lasers instead of dropping grenades

Flash-Bang: cast like eggs, but flash-bang grenades that temporarily stun any near-by MW's. Affects Futurewinians, Evilinians, and Miniwinians.

Spawn Forest: best described as a cross between the Magical Forest and the Randomizer. Spawns randomly colored MW's just like the randomly colored souls of a Magical Forest, but only spawns half as often. Similar to the Randomizer in the sense that it causes a full-scale shoot out between random colored MW's, but spawned MW's do not randomly change color like in the Randomizer. Also, Spawn Forest is almost impossible to set flame to (so that grenades tossed by the new MW's don't immediately cause the Forest to burn down, and therefore totally defeating the purpose of the Spawn Forest.)

Fake Grenades: cast in a wide area like a meteor shower or nuke strike but spawns grenades (like air-strike markers) that do.....................ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Except cause a little chaos and confusion on the battlefield because MW's will still run from them just like grenades and air-strike markers, but they just linger there and then dis-appear after about 10-15 seconds. Oh, and did I mention that there's 20-25 of these fake grenades spread around the target area? MW's run from one only to see another and then another and so on with the chaotic confusion...

Grenade Triffids: just like normal Triffids, but they spit out grenades instead of eggs.

Black Hole: crate opens to reveal a Black Hole that sucks in all Multiwinians, Futurewinians, Evilinians, Miniwinians, and even some viral units within a given radius. Lasts for 5-10 seconds.

Warp Hole: exactly like a Black Hole, but teleports anything sucked in, to one or more random locations throughout the map. Lasts for 5-10 seconds.

Fireworks: crate opens to reveal a short 3-5 second display of pretty colored fireworks that do absolutely nothing to affect gameplay in any way whatsoever (except maybe distract a human player for a few seconds). In other words, this is my version of the fake crate or empty crate that does absolutely nothing, that a few people have suggested.

?: power-up that takes on the effects of a random power-up, which is unknown until it is cast, making "?" a power-up that must be used with caution.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:39 pm

I think just about all of these were mentioned before hand, save a few... Though the fake 'nades sounds like fun.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:38 am

I figured most of my ideas were probably mentioned already, I was just too lazy to read the entire thread from the beginning. :P
Destroyer
level0

Postby Destroyer » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:06 am

Astroid shower-Like meteor shower but effects the whole map it rains down 20 astroids for MASSIVE ANNIHILATION :twisted:

Return to “The Future”