Planned Future Patches

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Aegis Tyra
level1
level1

Postby Aegis Tyra » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:35 pm

See the Co-Op Defence thread just down there?
With the 90% + people supporting teh idea?
In next big patch, please, even if only with converted Assault maps.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:48 pm

Aegis Tyra wrote:See the Co-Op Defence thread just down there?
With the 90% + people supporting teh idea?
In next big patch, please, even if only with converted Assault maps.

You honestly believe they'll include a new game mode due to a thread with 17 posts?
Aegis Tyra
level1
level1

Postby Aegis Tyra » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:55 pm

I thnik it's an area the game doesn't really cover right now, and I'm sure a lot more than just 17 people would like Co-Op beyond 2v2 Assault where AI is too dumb and humans can win every time.
lorant
level1
level1

Postby lorant » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:40 pm

I don't think we need a new game mode. We can bring more cooperative gameplay in MW just by creating a "new kind" of maps, where 4 players would fight against the AI (which could be the evilinians, as in Aegis Tyra's proposition). Almost everything is already there for this, and the few bits that are not yet possible could happen in a patch, if enough mappers feel the need.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:43 pm

My experience so far suggests that we definately need some native dev support for the functionality coop needs. The simplest way to do this may, in fact, be a new gametype - mainly because of the way it could remove irritating behavoir which is unavoidable by other means.

People need to realise there may be a very good reason why there isn't coop play in Multiwinia...
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
DoubleFelix
level1
level1

Postby DoubleFelix » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:32 am

I agree with xyzyxx on the first page, post-game statistics would be fun and not very resource intensive at all.
IronWill
level1
level1

Postby IronWill » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:26 pm

It would be nice to be able to give a name to the game we create instead of having the multiplayer engine showing the host's name. For example if I would be able to set up a name such as "Crates fun" that would sure help people not interested in mass-crates games to not come (and so not disconnect before the end!)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:53 pm

That is already possible. Edit your preferences.txt file and add

Code: Select all

ServerName = Crate Fun

to it.
IronWill
level1
level1

Postby IronWill » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:28 pm

Thanks for the tip !
tals
level1
level1

Postby tals » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:51 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:That is already possible. Edit your preferences.txt file and add

Code: Select all

ServerName = Crate Fun

to it.

Thats a great tip. Would be useful to be able to set that when creating the game though from within the game

Tals
Grubbegrabben
level0

Quick matchmaking

Postby Grubbegrabben » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:58 am

I like the online part - however it takes time to fill up a game. I want a "quick match" feature that just joins *any* game quickly! I just want to play and dont sit in the lobby forever trying to find other players. Right now all you can do is join a game and hope that someone else wants to join as well.

/Grubbegrabben
multimania
level2
level2
Location: Perth, Western Australia · Mountain View, California

Re: Quick matchmaking

Postby multimania » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:06 am

Grubbegrabben wrote:I want a "quick match" feature that just joins *any* game quickly

*shifty eyes*
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:36 pm

As suggested, more co-op would be fun.

co-op CPU rushes would be interesting. At its simplest, being able to set the type of darwinian a CPU is (evil or future as well as regular) would be good for this.

But I'd much rather a bit more tweaking on some of the remaining odd pathfinding problems, lobby chat and a fully functional map editor (which might well be the better answer to the first request)
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:02 am

Well, I have no idea if this has been suggested already, but I was thinking, what about a tournament mode that allows up to 8 simultaneous players? First round would just be like musical chairs, only with spawn points: 8 players, 7 spawn points, 40 MW's to start with. The player who doesn't capture a spawn point is eliminated from the tournament and continues to participate in retribution mode.

Each consecutive round is a different game mode, and eliminates one or more players (who also continue in retribution mode) until the final round: 2 players, assault mode, winner of the previous round gets to chose attack or defense. Then, each of the two players alternate in choosing from the 6 eliminated players to be on their team; basically it ends up being a 4v4 assault match as the final round, and game timer set for 20-25 minutes depending on the map.

So even if you are eliminated at the very start of the tournament, you still get to participate through retribution, and then as a team member in the final match between the two final contestants.

My original idea was a lot more detailed and long and drawn out, so I tried to simplify it a little here. :wink:
Teräs Makkara
level0

Postby Teräs Makkara » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:47 pm

I dont think they are gonna release anything to multiwinia. (And i hope i am wrong)

Return to “The Future”