Planned Future Patches

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Icepick
level5
level5

Planned Future Patches

Postby Icepick » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:49 pm

So, there have been quite a few repeat requests for a number of features (no prizes for guessing which), so I figure now is a good time to tell you what we are actually planning to add (though don't assume that anything not on the list won't be added, this is just currently what we have on the list).
So, here is a list of features we are planning to patch into the game:

Lobby Chat
    Wait in Lobby until all Players ready
    Kick/Rename/Resigning Support
    Password Protected Servers
    Full Modding system (including map editor and transfer of maps between server and clients)
    Ability for connecting players to see Advanced Options
    Post-Game statistics
    Spectator Mode

Obviously we'll also be fixing the bugs which have been highlighted since the launch last night, but that should go without saying!
They are listed in no particular order, and no guarentees are made as to when they will be added, or in which order they'll be patched in, so keep that in mind when the entire lot doesn't show up in the first tiny patch.

And again, just because something isn't on the list, doesn't mean it won't be added; I'm particularly a fan of the idea found in this thread - http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiw ... php?t=1713 - and I'm hoping I'll be able to get it added, it just isn't on the list now. So keep posting those ideas, and we'll see what happens.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:29 pm

Awesome! Very glad to hear that!

Any news on LAN-only games?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Well, LAN only games won't be a problem, since you can just tell everyone around you the password for the server.

Unless you mean LAN with no internet connection, then, well, you would have a problem.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:32 pm

RabidZombie wrote:Unless you mean LAN with no internet connection, then, well, you would have a problem.

That was what I was thinking, yeah.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Re: Planned Future Patches

Postby Xocrates » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:12 pm

Icepick wrote:I'm particularly a fan of the idea found in this thread - http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiw ... php?t=1713 - and I'm hoping I'll be able to get it added, it just isn't on the list now. So keep posting those ideas, and we'll see what happens.

I feel like kicking you in the balls right now, since when I suggested something similar during the beta you said no :? (yes, I know it wasn't the same idea, but it was at least the same principle)
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:27 pm

No one mentioned anything at all like this idea that I recall. If it was your intention to suggest something like that, you did a very bad job of it :P
Bas
level2
level2

Postby Bas » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Any way to get more working connections through the game code?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:34 pm

Well, I suggested dividing the powerups in "groups", although my idea was from basic to advanced and each containing the previous. The only difference here is that they have themes.
Artman40
level1
level1

Postby Artman40 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:30 pm

Hey, if there would be a spectator mode, then why not an option which is similar to retribution mode but for spectators who would take turns to release some of their weapons? Of course that would be optional.
JigsWithoutWoodstock
level2
level2

Postby JigsWithoutWoodstock » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:35 pm

I'm going to post this here because I don't see the point in starting a new thread, but what about the ability to see what games you recently joined in the server list?

And how about that latency thing like in the corner of a DEFCON game.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Icepick wrote:Post-Game statistics
/me hopes for Pikmin-style population graphs.

Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:12 pm

xyzyxx speaks the truth.

Although I wouldn't go so far as to credit Pikmin for the idea of population graphs :P
Crimson
level1
level1

Postby Crimson » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:24 pm

Icepick wrote:Post-Game statistics

I also agree with xyzyxx, Population charts would be great, but Perhaps with that and more Miscellaneous Values, like grenades launched, crates opened, etc :)
Last edited by Crimson on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:25 pm

Well, my concern with game stats and such, is that really, just how informative are these really going to be? On a technical level, they should be relatively easy to impliment in the form of basic line graphs, or simply just display the nubmers, although ingame browsers for these may be pretty boring.

Generally speaking though, I just don't see how these can actually be that interesting because of the general lack of things to have stats for. Population, Kills, number of crates opened... you pretty much run out about there, don't you?

Basically I'd just like people so sell the idea of these stats rather than say "yeah stats would be good".

With regard to stats, perhaps giving players rewards ala worms could also work in addition to suppliment the stats (or those with the lack of interesting numerical stats to really acknowledge). Perhaps tie some extra achievements to them too...
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:27 pm

In pikmin (which is the only game I've personally played that displays line graphs) the line graph is displayed along with number of pikmin spawned, number killed, and peak population. That's all there was, and I liked it.
Last edited by xyzyxx on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.

Return to “The Future”