Planned Future Patches

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:36 pm

As suggested, more co-op would be fun.

co-op CPU rushes would be interesting. At its simplest, being able to set the type of darwinian a CPU is (evil or future as well as regular) would be good for this.

But I'd much rather a bit more tweaking on some of the remaining odd pathfinding problems, lobby chat and a fully functional map editor (which might well be the better answer to the first request)
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:02 am

Well, I have no idea if this has been suggested already, but I was thinking, what about a tournament mode that allows up to 8 simultaneous players? First round would just be like musical chairs, only with spawn points: 8 players, 7 spawn points, 40 MW's to start with. The player who doesn't capture a spawn point is eliminated from the tournament and continues to participate in retribution mode.

Each consecutive round is a different game mode, and eliminates one or more players (who also continue in retribution mode) until the final round: 2 players, assault mode, winner of the previous round gets to chose attack or defense. Then, each of the two players alternate in choosing from the 6 eliminated players to be on their team; basically it ends up being a 4v4 assault match as the final round, and game timer set for 20-25 minutes depending on the map.

So even if you are eliminated at the very start of the tournament, you still get to participate through retribution, and then as a team member in the final match between the two final contestants.

My original idea was a lot more detailed and long and drawn out, so I tried to simplify it a little here. :wink:
Teräs Makkara
level0

Postby Teräs Makkara » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:47 pm

I dont think they are gonna release anything to multiwinia. (And i hope i am wrong)
Pezmc
level0

Postby Pezmc » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:25 pm

With the influx of people having bought the Introversion Humble Bundle pack, I was wondering if you are planning on completing any of these patches any time soon? I notice some of them have made their way into the game but as someone new to the game I feel post match stats, and some sort of formal modding solution (even if it's just downloading from the server and it's up to the server to install the maps) would be great!

At the moment the end of a game feels a little clunky to me as it just stops, unlike many similar games which take you straight into game stats!

I also think there REALLY should be a dedicated server client, even if it has to buy a license as then (as head of the Uni's gaming society with 600+ members) I could set up a server at our uni and get more people interested in the game and thus buying it?

Just my thoughts,

Pez,
Tom.K
level1
level1
Location: The Universe / Milky Way / Solar System / Earth / Europe / Croatia

Postby Tom.K » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:53 pm

All Humble Bundle customers are able to download source code, and make bugfixes etc. However... I didn't saw any kind of bugfix or new feature about Multiwinia in developer forum... If you know someone who knows how to code in C++... ask him about it.

If you want dedicated server client... try to check this and ask bert to plan something if possible: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiw ... php?t=2161
Spybot-S&D 2.0 Alpha Tester

Return to “The Future”