So I see the AI is still broken.

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

St!gar
level1
level1

So I see the AI is still broken.

Postby St!gar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:11 am

With all this new attention brought to Subversion, I was reminded of Multiwinia and re-installed it from Steam. As you may or may not recall - most likely not - I've made a couple of threads about the computer AI in the past. And rather than regurgitating everything I've said so long ago, I'll just get right to the point. The original threads are here, should you be interested:

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiw ... php?t=2137

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiw ... php?t=2495

Alright; with that out of the way, let's just get right to it. Several things had caused the AI to behave poorly - the most prominent ones being pathfinding, which caused it to cease functioning altogether on Blitzkrieg's Confrontation Point amongst other maps, places and gamemodes; and several bizarre quirks that I to this day have absolutely no explanation for, like how it never makes Formations in Blitzkrieg and Rocket Riot, even in situations where making Formations would be the only logical thing to do. It's a shame that the AI is good in some areas, yet severely crippled in others. This game had the chance to be a unique RTS expereience, with a fast-ish pace, powerups and fun, of all things; yet failed because there are certain modes that the AI simply cannot play, making them useless. That's just awful. If there was a videogame equivalent of having the blueballs, this would be it. :(

So I tried again, and - sure enough - the AI still stops dead on Confrontation Point. We're in 2011, now - the game came out in 2008. And the devs still haven't fixed an issue that shouldn't even have passed testing to begin with. So I guess my question is; are we still working on the game? Will there still be patches? Or have we pretty much abandoned the whole thing, at this point?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:28 pm

any interesting project going on? I've said it before, and I'll see it again, MW can be the greatest strategy game ever, if they just put more attention to it!!!

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”