Achievements?

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

mmavipc
level1
level1

Achievements?

Postby mmavipc » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:47 pm

I've seen talk on the forums about achievements. What are these things and how do i get them?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:52 pm

Achievements are markers of phenomonally idiotic things that you've done in whatever game they appear. You get them only in the Steam version. You're really, really, not missing out on a great deal.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:31 am

Actually, your not missing anything AT ALL. Except for a little counter that tells you how many enemies you've shot to hell from the moment you installed the game. That's INSTALLED, no records are kept overseas sadly... I'd have over 5 million by now but nope. :(
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:26 am

Five million? Really?

As of today, the most number of matches played by anyone on the ladder (caveat: this only includes matches played on ladder servers, which might exclude some matches that would count towards a kill count) is just under 850. Let's throw in another 150 matches just to make the math easy.

Now, in most of the matches I play, I might see the "500 killed" message, and sometimes I see the "1,000 killed" message. Rarely do I see anything greater than that. However, just to be generous (given that I only play 1v1 maps), let us say that you average 2,000 kills per game. Again, this is really generous, but we are looking for an upper bound, so generosity is important.

So, assuming that you have played 1,000 games and managed to accumulate an average of 2,000 kills per game, you should have a grand total of 2,000,000 kills (that's 2 million kills). Since both the number of games and the kill count per game are inflated to provide an upper bound, I would imagine that your actual kill count is much lower.

[/pedant]

xander

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”