I'm confused about the Futurwinians...

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Lynx225
level0

I'm confused about the Futurwinians...

Postby Lynx225 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:26 am

Sometimes they'll abduct at least a hundred MW's and then they'll just fly off, other times they'll only abduct less than a dozen, fly around a little bit, and land.

What determines their behavior?
ô_ô
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:05 pm

From what I know, they abduct x Multiwinians and then land. Sometimes they just get killed before you notice them, so you think they just fly off, and sometimes you just notice the spaceship too late so you think they only abduct less than a dozen.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:54 pm

I think they don't land when they don't get enough, but I'm not sure.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:26 am

Phelanpt wrote:I think they don't land when they don't get enough, but I'm not sure.

^^ This. They pick up as many DGs as they can nab, and convert them. If they don't nab enough, they run away.

xander
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:07 am

I'm pretty sure futurewinians are immune to subversion.

Does anyone know if someone is converted, do they keep any powerups in effect eg rage, hot feet etc.?
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:29 am

xander wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:I think they don't land when they don't get enough, but I'm not sure.

^^ This. They pick up as many DGs as they can nab, and convert them. If they don't nab enough, they run away.

xander

Actually, I've seen them drop as low as 4 futurewinians. Other times I've seen them abduct hundreds, and fly off as well without deploying any.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:17 pm

elexis wrote:I'm pretty sure futurewinians are immune to subversion.

Does anyone know if someone is converted, do they keep any powerups in effect eg rage, hot feet etc.?

They are not immune to subversion, and I am pretty sure that converted units do not retain power-ups, though I have not actually tested that.

Major Cooke wrote:
xander wrote:

xander

Actually, I've seen them drop as low as 4 futurewinians. Other times I've seen them abduct hundreds, and fly off as well without deploying any.

Since you have a bad habit of reporting behaviours that no one else has seen, without any proof or evidence of your allegations, I am going to ignore this comment until such time as you can provide some evidence.

xander
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:21 pm

xander wrote:
elexis wrote:I'm pretty sure futurewinians are immune to subversion.

They are not immune to subversion, and I am pretty sure that converted units do not retain power-ups, though I have not actually tested that.

xander

I'm not sure about the rest of the power-ups, but if the FWs abduct plagued MWs, the resulting FWs are also plagued. I found this out while trying Major Cooke's Predatorwinia mod.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Phelanpt wrote:I'm not sure about the rest of the power-ups, but if the FWs abduct plagued MWs, the resulting FWs are also plagued. I found this out while trying Major Cooke's Predatorwinia mod.

I have noticed that, but I don't think that was the question. If you have shielded or raged DGs, when they are converted by the subversion rays that Futurewinians use, they do not retain their shields or rage. Getting hit by a subversion ray turns any DG into an un-buffed DG of the attacking team. Plague is one of those oddities, in that even if a DG is cured when converted, chances are that there are other infected DGs nearby, who will immediately reinfect the cured DG. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what is going on in the Futurewinian's UFO.

xander
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Yep, it seems I misread the original question.
And it does make sense that the plague infection system might work within the FW spaceship.
Lithilk
level1
level1

Postby Lithilk » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:42 pm

xander wrote:Since you have a bad habit of reporting behaviours that no one else has seen, without any proof or evidence of your allegations, I am going to ignore this comment until such time as you can provide some evidence.

xander

He might post untrue information sometimes, but you don't have to be like that.
At least try and be friendly.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Lithilk wrote:He might post untrue information sometimes, but you don't have to be like that.

xander? Friendly?

What would the world come to if that ever happened :shock:

(Also, that was an unnecessary piece of necromancy)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:04 pm

We'd be holding hands in big circle on the meadow, the sun smiles upon us and a rainbow appears in spite of the absence of rain. The world would be full of cheer, the children smiling, the parents sitting together looking on into the expansive brightness of the future of all lifekind.

And it sickens me.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:35 pm

I just want you all to know that, right now, I am farting rainbows out of my ass.

xander
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:19 am

Lithilk wrote:
xander wrote:Since you have a bad habit of reporting behaviours that no one else has seen, without any proof or evidence of your allegations, I am going to ignore this comment until such time as you can provide some evidence.

xander

He might post untrue information sometimes, but you don't have to be like that.

I don't try and post "untrue" information, I post information that actually happens to me... though unfortunately I cannot give evidence due to the FUCKING PRINT SCREEN KEY giving me a goddamn black screen in photoshop. I even tried it in MS paint...

And when your farting rainbows out your ass... It means you've been smoking something... Something good. Give it to me.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”