officers

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Johnis
level2
level2

officers

Postby Johnis » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:31 pm

I noticed something cool about officers. I use it in battles and it works.
officers are a little bit more tough to get killed than other normal multiwinians. I make some multiwinians officers in front line to distract enemy fire .
I also noticed that multiwinians around em somehow drop more occasionally grenades when they use the Arrow (MOVE) formation.
I want your opinion about that. i am still learning
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:05 pm

Nice one, never toughed of that, tho there is a clear advanantage you also lose one multiwinia who would be shooting otherwise. I guess he means that when you set these officers in the directing mode mwg's will throw more often grenades. I can explain this for you, moving mwg's don't shoot but when they encounter an enemy they'll stop and shoot and more often then not they'll throw a grenade. So again it might help but it also mean your mwg's will shoot less.

Nevertheless I gonna try this one, thanks for the tip!
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:26 pm

I have sometimes used the first. Will have to try the second.
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:39 pm

I don't know, my last few games it didn't matter if I selected a group of MW's or Use and officer to command the MW's towards an oponent, the damn things turning into lemmings and died against a formation. Many hundreds just walked into their death without ever throwing a grenade. It was a bit frustarating. Normally loose MW's wipe formations out fast with a couple of grenades. But not my last couple of games.
"Now, stop being a douche to the newbie, and run along."

xander
Imeanunoharm
level1
level1

Postby Imeanunoharm » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:10 pm

If directed, they will continue to walk until fired upon. After that it can be too late, especially a wall of formation...
Johnis
level2
level2

Postby Johnis » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:43 pm

officers on directed mode i speak about .multiwinians will attack everything on their way . with the officer next to em seem to work more efficiently. also officers on front line will distract enemy fire will we support the battle spot with multiwinians . if we create more and more officers closer to enemy you will notice that your multiwinians will kill many enemy multiwinians while they are on formation or without formation much easier. it works . i hope i was more clear with this . this time
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:26 pm

So the strategy in the case of a large battle in a small space would be to have an officer ordering a GOTO straight into the enemy, and slowly moving it forwards as you gain (read: vigourously explode) ground?
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Isn't the suggestion also that if attacking/defending with a mass of MWs, you create a whole bunch of officers to the front of the mass, in order to 'soak' some of the incoming laser fire?
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Johnis
level2
level2

Postby Johnis » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:46 pm

yes many officers in front line. it works :) lets say 3 first multiwinians when they reach enemy, convert em to officers . and tell em order multiwinians to go through the enemy. even if enemy is in square formation.
Johnis
level2
level2

Postby Johnis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:12 pm

after many many games this thing works :)

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”