10%
Only if I do it
31%

Total votes: 29
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:52 am

that would be a gracefull solutions, and here by I declare you man and wife, happy years!!
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:01 am

Cyan. wrote:that would be a gracefull solutions, and here by I declare you man and wife, happy years!!

...what.

Bert wrote:Nah. The least the general rules for such cases, since you definitely used it before I "published" it, would be to talk of independent discovery by both of us.

Given that I've never played ASLT against either of you, but I am intimately familiar with that technique, I would guess that independant discovery is pretty much the rule here.

Shwart!!
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:04 am

what..? Swart!! haha
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Having played a few more RR games I can say this about carbombing trunkports:

1. Better you do it to them than let them do it to you with impunity.
2. It's incredibly boring if all of you do it from the first opportunity to the last.

I'm actually tempted to petition for a nerf, not because it's unfair but because it slows the game down to near-zero progress. Effectively +5 MWs a minute? That's 20 minutes just to get the rocket passengers, ignoring the countless rocket explosions (because that's challenging if you've got twenty minutes to do it) and the fact that with so few MWs, losing them all is a matter of one enemy throwing one MW at one occupied pump. A high skill level game could likely be dragged out to infinite length and because of the positional factor of "Yeah, but I would have set his rocket on fire before 95%", a fuel percentage tie-breaker may not be agreeable. What then?
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:59 pm

maybe start with turret at spawn? This way if it gets underestimated and turret is taken you'll be fucked, so another gameplay element I would say.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:18 am

It always amuses me the mentality of people who think certain things in computer games are 'cheating'... if it's possible (and not a bug, like the 'sploit on The Third Kind before it was fixed) then it's fair game! You're both playing in the same environment. This environment has been designed to react according to its rules, and if you win you win, and if you lose you lose. The mentality some people always seem to bring to games is a bit like the kids in the schoolyard with their toy guns shouting, "you got me", "no you didn't", "that wasn't fair"... in the playground there is room for argument. In a computer game, the point of it is you don't need to question how it works, you just play it!

Not that I've had this rant saved up for years or anything... hands up who's sick of people txting "No rush no superweapons" at the beginning of every C&C game since 1995...
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:31 pm

jelco wrote:
Greeba wrote:Not that I've had this rant saved up for years or anything... hands up who's sick of people txting "No rush no superweapons" at the beginning of every C&C game since 1995...

The only game in which that was ever justified was Generals Zero Hour - the Superweapon general was seriously overpowered (Alpha Aurora anyone?). ;)

Jelco

Always a giggle when used on an Angry Mob; tossed them like ninepins :twisted:
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:39 am

Greeba wrote:
jelco wrote:
Greeba wrote:Not that I've had this rant saved up for years or anything... hands up who's sick of people txting "No rush no superweapons" at the beginning of every C&C game since 1995...

The only game in which that was ever justified was Generals Zero Hour - the Superweapon general was seriously overpowered (Alpha Aurora anyone?). ;)

Jelco

Always a giggle when used on an Angry Mob; tossed them like ninepins :twisted:

Oh god, the mobs.

Three mobs on top of each other took out 30 rangers, with barely a scratch.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:09 pm

I've just stopped playing RR. At least 1v1

The dilemma goes like this:

- If they (the opponent) start carbombing (it's usually obvious fairly soon.) You have to start carbombing.

- If they don't start carbombing, you would be a fool not to. It's too powerful a move to ignore.

- If you start carbombing, they usually respond in kind.

Result: Mutual carbombing which can make a game between average to good players stupefyingly boring.

That second point is the difficulty. You could have a friendly agreement not to carbomb. but why not? It's there as an option, and it's a bloody effective one.

More than two players, and carbombing becomes slightly less of an issue, as you can't target everyone at once.

And, so, I'm never playing Stairway to Heaven again after the last few games...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:26 pm

At last there's something resembling a counter. Wait until you have two turrets to place, and put them down near your trunk port, just outside the area MWs land. With the severely reduced manpower (you can keep on bombing), your opponent can't do much but throw armours at them instead, because they're not going to blow up much else unless they time the approach well and unless they do it too you've got the MWs and they don't. You can probably get the MWs from armour survivors.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”