Burning trees

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Cooper42
level4
level4

Burning trees

Postby Cooper42 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:49 pm

How many times do trees usually need to burn before they are gone?

I was playing a game last night where my main line of attack was through three trees (part of the map, not a generated forest) (I know, should have not considered marching through trees which are in grenade reach, but the other route was nullified by an infection outbreak). I sent a small force to attract some grenade fire to remove the trees. They burned, so, when they stopped burning, I moved in.

A bit later, they caught on fire again. Then again. Then no more after that.

Are trees which are part of the map eternal? Do they not burn away (the way a magical or dark forest seem to)? Or are they capabale of withstanding more burning?

And any suggestions on how best to deal with moving through trees which are within 'nade distance of the enemy (other that 'don't'...)?
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Re: Burning trees

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:03 pm

Trees defined by the map regenerate after they burned down. Infinitely often, AFAIK.

Cooper42 wrote:And any suggestions on how best to deal with moving through trees which are within 'nade distance of the enemy (other that 'don't'...)?
Do it fast? :)
Doncommie
level1
level1

Postby Doncommie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:33 pm

The map placed evil trees seem to regrow way too quickly at times.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Trees defined by the map regenerate after they burned down. Infinitely often, AFAIK.

Cooper42 wrote:And any suggestions on how best to deal with moving through trees which are within 'nade distance of the enemy (other that 'don't'...)?

I'm a witness to that, because on The Holy Tree level, I placed a magical forest next to the holy tree on accident as the holy tree was half way burnt to the ground, and as the magical forest caught on fire, every time the holy tree attempted to regrow it would catch on fire a second later after beginning to regrow, so it was shrooming. XP
Tricycle21
level2
level2

Postby Tricycle21 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:28 am

Major Cooke wrote:
bert_the_turtle wrote:Trees defined by the map regenerate after they burned down. Infinitely often, AFAIK.

I'm a witness to that, because on The Holy Tree level, I placed a magical forest next to the holy tree on accident as the holy tree was half way burnt to the ground, and as the magical forest caught on fire, every time the holy tree attempted to regrow it would catch on fire a second later after beginning to regrow, so it was shrooming. XP

An enormous tree with lots of small trees around(in custom maps) may cause endless fire, caused by the enormous one catching fire from the small ones, and vise versa.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”