Multiwinians TURNING AROUND when shot at

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

DoubleFelix
level1
level1

Multiwinians TURNING AROUND when shot at

Postby DoubleFelix » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:51 am

This is seriously the most frustrating thing ever and irritates me to no end when on Leap Of Faith I send a couple hundred multiwinians over to another person's spawn to attack, only for them to all be stuck running back and forth AWAY from the turrets because they keep getting shot at! No matter how many times I tell them to go in a certain direction, they always bounce back, and I barely get a single kill!
PLEASE stop this from happening, it's easily the most annoying activity in the game.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:43 am

Thought of using formations?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
TheRileyDuo
level1
level1

Postby TheRileyDuo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:56 am

deal with it. that's how the game works. multiwinians, dispite the change in their behavior, are still more interested in living then running at the big gun.
DoubleFelix
level1
level1

Postby DoubleFelix » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:12 am

KingAl wrote:Thought of using formations?

Can't really in Leap Of Faith, because 1: any officer I plant gets killed nearly immediately without any 'winians in formation to back it up, and 2: even if I do manage to get an officer up long enough, the darwinians don't go into formation; they run away first ANYWAY.
TheRileyDuo wrote:deal with it. that's how the game works. multiwinians, dispite the change in their behavior, are still more interested in living then running at the big gun.

What does this add to this thread other than provoking me? If you are not going to contribute argument or provide information, you should not waste your time posting. If you are going to argue with me, please provide a reason that this behavior makes the game more fun than if this behavior didn't exist.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 am

And by your standards, that was no waste of time.

Multiwinians are still the congenital cowards they've always been. That's what makes the difference between formations being an act of crippling the speed and grenade chance of a load of MWs, and formations being worth consideration. It's also what makes MWs not run blindly into the large forest fires and why airstrikes on don't really seem to hit much that isn't formed up or controlling a building.

It's one of those quirks that makes them less like stickman soldiers and more like stickman xenophobic hooligans with lasers.

Also, don't attack when they've massed MWs by the spawns?

Also, wouldn't some of that couple hundred throw grenades if you left them alone?
DoubleFelix
level1
level1

Postby DoubleFelix » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:52 am

Mas Tnega wrote:And by your standards, that was no waste of time.

Multiwinians are still the congenital cowards they've always been. That's what makes the difference between formations being an act of crippling the speed and grenade chance of a load of MWs, and formations being worth consideration. It's also what makes MWs not run blindly into the large forest fires and why airstrikes on don't really seem to hit much that isn't formed up or controlling a building.

It's one of those quirks that makes them less like stickman soldiers and more like stickman xenophobic hooligans with lasers.
Too bad I they run away before I can get them in formation at all.
Also, don't attack when they've massed MWs by the spawns?

I've never played a round of Leap Of Faith when ANYONE doesn't have their spawn flooded with 'winians.

Also, wouldn't some of that couple hundred throw grenades if you left them alone?

Apparently not, because they never do. They always just run to the wall and sit there.
TheRileyDuo
level1
level1

Postby TheRileyDuo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:16 am

I find these types of arguments interesting. You're arguing that since you tactic didn't work, then it's not your fault, but the system is flawed. Please take a second to stand back from the opinions, and realize that so far you haven't tried to fix anything, and all you have done is complained about how you've lost.

Anyway, you need to think of a different strategy. The general strategy for dealing with gun turrets is to rush en mass with you MWGs. Maybe you should just group the MWGs for jumping and then send them all together, perferably when the enemy is off guard. It's hard to do that though, because of the time it takes for your army to travel from island to island, but no strategy is perfect.

Anyways, stop complaining about how the game isn't fair. It makes you look like a newbie.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:25 am

Mas Tnega wrote: more like stickman xenophobic hooligans with lasers.

Also known as Europeans after a soccer game, possibly without the lasers.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:54 pm

TheRileyDuo wrote:Anyways, stop complaining about how the game isn't fair. It makes you look like a n00b.

Give this man a medal -- he hit the nail right on the head. Clearly, you lost. That means that someone else won. This other person was using exactly the same tools that you were, and still managed to win. So, it is not the fault of the tools at hand, but rather of the person using them. Quite frankly, I suck at Multiwinia. I am pretty good on a few of the blitz maps, but I regularly get my ass handed to me in domination and koth, and I hardly ever play assault or rocket riot. However, I recognize that I suck because I don't play all that much (I have other things to do with my life). Such is life.

With more practice, I am sure that even a newb can get better, as long as that newb learns to play the game, rather than blaming his tools.

xander
mehoo462
level2
level2

Postby mehoo462 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:04 am

putting the newb/non-newb argument aside for a minute...

I "think" (not confirmed, just my own unscientific observations) that the Multiwinian's bravery is directly related to their numerical superiority.

Due to the nature of the Leap of Faith map, it's very difficult to get numerical superiority near an opponents spawn, thus the multiwinians act like cowards and get shot before they can group up. I'm sure this is by design.

The jump pads are a bottleneck, they send DGs to the next island at a very limited rate. It will take a non-negligable amount of time to build up a big enough force that for the DGs to be confident enough to do anything. In the meantime your troops are getting shot down faster than they are arriving. You'll never reach critical mass. The DGs that make the jump, bright little buggers that they are, realize this, and panic!!

The moral is, on leap of faith don't attack another players island directly. Go to the center or some other island. When he draws his big mass of troops away, that's when you attack. If he's just sitting there amassing troops on his starting island, you conquer the map. Once you get 4 or 5 spawns feeding through the jump pads onto a single island it's much easier to make headway.

I really like that map BTW.

I've said my fill, continue flaming eachother on the nature of newbdom please. :)
Last edited by mehoo462 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:34 am

There are ways to get around the bottleneck, your just not feeding the jump pads properly.
spacebug
level1
level1

Postby spacebug » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:49 am

I think it's a good thing that this map makes it hard to take other people's spawn points. You don't need to be taking the spawn point islands in order to win the game. If you can take them, it's a bonus.

I wouldn't usually send my guys to an enemy spawn island without air striking the enemy turrets first!
PHREAK76
level4
level4

Postby PHREAK76 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:50 pm

Feud wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote: more like stickman xenophobic hooligans with lasers.

Also known as Europeans after a soccer game, possibly without the lasers.

The lasers are replaced with flares in this case.
SUPERREPUS
level1
level1

Postby SUPERREPUS » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:49 pm

This game is a waste of resources and should be burned. its terrible in the end, it takes NO skill, and It just ISNT FUN.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:20 am

Personally I think the easiest way to win on this map is to use airstrikes, or meteor showers. Nukes, just use on the big island, otherwise it's a waste of time, and you might even possibly be on the enemy's territory faster than the nukes if you plan yourself out right.

The meteor showers basically can hit everything on the tall spires, because they come rolling in from every direction, and over an expanded time period, and it really hurts them on this kind of map.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”