Ants in a turret?!

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Phevnil
level1
level1

Ants in a turret?!

Postby Phevnil » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Well I was playing the demo (still haven't got the game) and the computer I was against placed an anthill behind my main base. Luckly I had a difrent base that was exactly the same. But I forgot to change the direction of the satelite so the ants came threw to my second base and hoped in the turet I had just spawned and started to blast all me MW. Are they suposed to be smart enough to take turrets? I guesse they just use a standard AI so it would make sense for them to take turrets but common it's an ant how are they supposed use a turret?

Any ways has this happened to any one elss? I think it would be hilarious if some one had a bunch of turrets around their base and they ended up all being taken over by ants. Or is it just the demo?
[insert outrageously funny/insightful comment here]
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:01 pm

Really? The ants manned a turret? Sure it wasn't their cousins, the evilinians?
rainingblood
level1
level1

Postby rainingblood » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:38 pm

The only option in this case is the nuke :D

Seriously, i've never seen such a thing !
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:28 pm

They hoped right on it after coming threw a satelite (another thing I thought imposible) and blew up my base before I knew what was happening. But as I said that was in the demo and things aren't looking good right now along the lines of me geting the game ;-;........
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Then they were Futurewinians, not ants :) Ants crawl out of ant nests and really look like ants.
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 pm

They did look like ants and no one had opened a crate yet (I was trying out a match were me and the AI all started with crates and you can't start with the evilwinian crate because you don't chose when it is deployed and the same goes for futurewinians). I also know that it wasn't a computer in my turret cause non of the computers were conecting to the islands they had both going for the middle.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:45 pm

If nobody opened a crate then where did the anthill come from?

Also? If you could replicate this and screenshot it, it would solidify the defense in your case :)

Never tried putting a turret next to an anthill. Next time I have retribution, might give it a go.
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:57 pm

As I said I had it set so that every one started with three power ups so at the very start I was ant hilled by red and had my turret taken over. I would try to recreate it but it is hard to do this with the demo and it dosen't look like I'll be able to get the game after all ;-;.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”