The Great Plague

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Feud
level5
level5

The Great Plague

Postby Feud » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:58 pm

I was goofing of in today against the CPU, playing on the map "The Third Kind". I car bombed the Futurewinians at the get go, so the attackers had no chance, but I was just playing it out to see what happened.

With about 9 minutes left Red picked up a crate near their spawn point, which turned out to be the plague. I chuckled about this, and went to other things for a bit. When I came back, I found that the new batch of DGs had caught it, and while some had gotten away the rest and set themselves up to cause quite a bit of trouble:

ImageImage

The next batch through the trunk gates went right into the middle of it, those that didn't catch it out right were catching it awfully quick:

ImageImage

Three minutes later things had gotten worse. The plague was now infecting all those coming through the radar as well as the main land spawn points. I had grown a Dark Forest at the choke point but it wasn't needed, at this point infection rate had reached nearly 100% of those spawning, and those who didn't catch it quickly feel victim. For the last six minutes of the game no DG lived long enough to make it to the choke point.

ImageImage

ImageImage

With less than a minute to go Red unlocked Rocketwinians, which really made things interesting. I had noticed that when the plague is in full swing that DGs will start randomly throwing grenades. With the addition of rockets, and an infection on this level, the result was incredible! Rockets started shooting off skyward, , about 1-2 a second, going off like it was the 4th of July!

ImageImage

Shortly there after, the WMD went off and finally put them out of their misery. It was quite a spectacle to see!
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:02 pm

That's horrifying. But hilarious!
TheFire
level0

Postby TheFire » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:23 pm

In general if you can get the plague to the spawn points of any of the rush maps, it's nearly impossible to erradicate... If you're defending on any of these maps (especially in multiplayer) load the plague into an armor and go drop it off in the spawning hordes... just don't let them blow up your armor and destroy your little present.
deeCee.
level1
level1

Postby deeCee. » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:03 am

I dont think that would happen very often lol.
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Data corruption is a horrible thing, but with your donation of 50 souls or more you can help put a stop to it, think of little billy.
Cabbage
level2
level2

Postby Cabbage » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:48 pm

That's the wonderfull thing about Multiwinia. You can have these horrific situations that become incredibly awesome instead of shocking because it's all happening to little colourful stickmen.
rainingblood
level1
level1

Postby rainingblood » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:04 pm

And the plague looks greats ! Fluorescent mws, <3
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:06 pm

Had this happen to me at the end of a CTS game on Scorched Earth.

A crate landed near my spawnpoints and opened as a plague. I told the infected WInians repeatedly to go elsewhere, but hardly any of them complied.

One of the captured statues was coming in, and one of the infected Darwinians decided to help the others move it.

End result...yeah.
OrR
level1
level1

Postby OrR » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:34 pm

I put an officer in front of an infected spawn point ordering everyone somewhere else. Either only non-infected MWGs complied or everybody was cured by the time they reached their destination (another spawn point quite far away)... Whatever it was, it seemed to work well.
PegasusJF
level1
level1

Postby PegasusJF » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:21 am

Donat wrote:Data corruption is a horrible thing, but with your donation of 50 souls or more you can help put a stop to it, think of little billy.

LOL!

And for the OP

I would have paid to see that.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”