The first (oh-mighty) ride

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

nycerine
level1
level1

The first (oh-mighty) ride

Postby nycerine » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:23 pm

I pre-ordered Multiwinia, and it was worth it. I've been playing with a couple of friends and it's been great. However there are some persky little annoyances. Some of these are mostly biased, but they tickle me nevertheless. :D

1. It's not easy to manage your game. After starting a game, you can't kick people, you can't mute people, etc. I know Multiwinia isn't for so many players that it's that needed at the moment, but kicked certainly is.

2. There's no console. Atleast not that I've found. It'd be great with a console where all settings could be manually set quick and fast for the power user / game hoster. Modularity?

3. Related to both 1 & 2, some things seem too simple. It's not that simple isn't good and that there should only be advanced and perhaps hard to understand settings. But what about having both? Living in co-existance?

4. Same goes with the server browser, Direct IP?

5. While playing Assault at the Hill I had some slight issues with some of the turrents. Those so close to walls would be difficult to control 365 degrees.

That's just a little rant. Little or barely noticeable things like these can make a big difference.
Still it's great. I love the game and it was worth its money.
nycerine
level1
level1

Postby nycerine » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:40 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:Some good points, but some are probably better off posted in the Future forum. ;)

Jelco

Wasn't really sure where to post it, but thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
As I'm still playing a few other points struk me, some of which are not improvements but annoyances / bugs.

1. A friend of mine is starting a server. He keeps getting other players in, but me and my friend don't even see him in the server browser. Which made me think, is it possible to integrate Multiwinia more into Steam Community? Allowing right-click -> Join?

2. The list of server seem to be a bit "OH MY GAWD THE INTERNETS ARE ATTACKING ME". It's a bit slow at loading and incorrect at times.

3. What about passworded servers? It comes great under personal fights.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm sure if we all shout loud enough, server passwords and kicking will come eventually.
rijnders
level0

Postby rijnders » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:51 pm

I was playing with nycerine and another friend at first it was okay because there weren't that many players on but right now alot of players are connected and keep joining the game my friend hosts so nycerine and me can't join it because you can't tell people to leave, kick them or password the server.

Here's some things i would like to see in Multiwinia, just to speed up getting to play the game.
1. Kicking players from your game.
2. Communicating to the players in your game.
3. Passwording your game.
4. Direct connecting to a friends game.
Other people probebly have suggested these things already.

But yeah apart from these little set backs the game is still awesome.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”