IV have announced that Multiwinia will be released on the 19th of September. elexis, who guessed the 18th of September, is the winner. I will be ordering a limited edition tin for elexis as soon as pre-orders go up. Congratulations!
<<I have reposted this here, as it seems a more appropriate forum. Please consider the other thread defunct.>>
Before DEFCON came out, I offered to buy a copy of DEFCON for anyone who could correctly guess when DEFCON would be released. I have decided to do the same with Multiwinia. If you want to play, simply post a date in this thread (please bold it, so that I can read it). Whoever is closest to the actual release date without being off by more than three days will get a copy of Multiwinia.
- One person may pick one, and only one, day. To pick a day, reply to this thread with a date, in bold.
- Please do not try to be cute with the formatting of your chosen date. Most Americans write dates as mm/dd/yy. I tend to use dd.mm.yy. Thus, if you use only numbers, I am likely to get confused. Please spell out the name of the month. The preferred format is a very simple dd Month yyyy. Thank you.
- When Multiwinia is released, the person who is closest to the actual release date, without being off by more than three days, is the winner. For instance, if I picked 10 May, and the game actually came out on any day between 7-13 May, I would win (assuming that no one else picked any day closer). The winner will receive a copy of Multiwinia from me.**
- If no one guesses within three days of the actual release date, then no one will win.
- If two people tie (i.e. the actual release date is 4 May, and two people selected 2 May and 6 May), they will both be declared winners, and shall each receive a copy of the game from me.
- To prevent fraud and insider knowledge from having too much of an effect, anyone who signs up within two weeks of the actual release date will be disqualified (i.e. if someone signs up on 16 May, and the game comes out on 20 May, their entry will be disqualified).
- Once you pick a date, you are stuck with it. I will not move you. That wouldn't be fair to everyone else.
* The rules are subject to change, if necessary to prevent cheating and to resolve conflicts.
** Please note that I will be ordering a copy of the game from the store, just like anyone else, and that it might take some time to get to you. If IV offers a physical version, that is what you will be getting.
15-Feb-08: You must be present to win. When the game is released, I will get in touch with the winner via PM on the boards. If you don't check your PMs, you are out of luck. Also, please note that I will not be getting anyone anything other than an official, IV sold version of the game. I assume a physical version will be released, so expect to get a package in the mail.