How outdated is MultiWii???

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

jimmykonigsegg
level0

How outdated is MultiWii???

Postby jimmykonigsegg » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:59 am

To be clear, I know it's outdated. The question is how outdated.

Five or six years ago I started building a big tricopter for photography, but I never finished it. I recently stumbled across the old parts in a box, and decided I ought to get the thing flying after all. It has a Multiwii Lite 1.0 board and a 6-channel PWM receiver. I also have some spare Emax Bullet ESC's to round things out, rather than trying to flash SimonK on cheap airplane ESCs like I had originally intended.

This is going to be a big, lazy setup for carrying a camera. It's not going to be aerobatic or fast. The frame is going to be laid out a lot like my first multicopter, an old RCExplorer V1.5 layout with discrete 50Hz helicopter gyros. That thing flew okay, so clearly I don't need the absolute pinnacle of performance. On the opposite end, I now have a small quad running Betaflight, so I know how rock-solid and stable the modern stuff is. But I haven't flown anything between those two extremes.whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin

Should I forge ahead with the MultiWii setup, or is it worth the expense of a new flight controller and PPM receiver?

Return to “General”