Flame Decals on Magnetic Black for car

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

stindows
level2
level2

Flame Decals on Magnetic Black for car

Postby stindows » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:20 am

I was just curious, who thinks a red/yellow flame set up of decals on a black 350Z would like nice?

I am thinking the flames would start around the wheel wells and go across to about the door handle. Then there would also be flames on the hood, but I'm not really sure on the design and layout yet.

Just curious as to the thought of flames in general. Thanks...
graduateduser
level1
level1

Re: Flame Decals on Magnetic Black for car

Postby graduateduser » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:20 am

Flames on a Z LOL?? I know you're not serious and you're just really bored but I mean really man.

Decals or airbrushed flames, your car will look the the preppy guys Porsche from the Tom Hanks movie "Bachelor Party" after they made it into a low rider.

Wish I could find a pic of it to post but no time...
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Postby roomftrhaver » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:34 am

IMO flames are more reserved for domestics. With the exception of...and I think we all agree...the realistic airbrushed flames. Its just that there are only a handful of painters who can do that work and its pretty pricey. Personally I went with this.... (in baby blue pearly to create the "ghost" effect)

rockwellcreaky
level1
level1

Postby rockwellcreaky » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:35 am

stindows wrote:I was just curious, who thinks a red/yellow flame set up of decals on a black 350Z would like nice?

I am thinking the flames would start around the wheel wells and go across to about the door handle. Then there would also be flames on the hood, but I'm not really sure on the design and layout yet.

Just curious as to the thought of flames in general. Thanks...

I had an 03 dodge ram done up with flames and speaking of Lavallee...I had my graphics guy copy his ram's head breaking through metal design on my tailgate.
stindows
level2
level2

Postby stindows » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:35 am

roomftrhaver wrote:IMO flames are more reserved for domestics. With the exception of...and I think we all agree...the realistic airbrushed flames. Its just that there are only a handful of painters who can do that work and its pretty pricey. Personally I went with this.... (in baby blue pearly to create the "ghost" effect)

Back in post #3...I had mentioned to the owner to put the flames up on the car ...using something that would allow them to be easily removed and make sure that when they look at them...they LOVE it...BEFORE they get applied.

As I also wrote in a past post....I would only put an outlined 'traditional' flame on this car if it were mine and I just had to do it...that way the narrow outline (1/16") would be there...but NOT in your face. They would be subtle...because sometimes..."LESS IS MORE"....especially in this type of scenario when dealing with a great looking factory looking car. No need to draw immediate attention to that area.....in my opinion....which actually means NOTHING because it is not my car.
graduateduser
level1
level1

Postby graduateduser » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:36 am

The TYPE of adhesive that is on the decals you have is UNKNOWN to me. Not knowing how aggressive the adhesive is makes a difference in how it gets removed

So...simply peeling them off as previously mentioned is POSSIBLE....OR...if the adhesive is like the stickers that we all put on our license plates for the state...which is WICKED as all get out...then the use of heat and or the special eraser that will remove them without damaging the paint.

Heat is what I generally use to remove large decals....and then it is using the 3M adhesive remover to remove any adhesive that stayed behind on the panel. Using a hair drier may work...but honestly, I have a good heat gun and know how far to be away from the panel and feel it when I am warming it up and testing to see when the decal is ready to be removed.

AND...if you DO remove a decal. DO NOT LIFT UP on the decal when you are removing it....ALWAYS peel it back ONTO itself!!!!!! If you lift up on the decal...the chance that paint can be pulled UP and off the panel is possible because you are PULLING up while removing the decal. IF you pull the decal back onto itself...this problem of lifting paint is GREATLY reduced.
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Postby roomftrhaver » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:36 am

Well..Not exactly like the vintage '78 is an "A" gasser..with it's auto thm350 tranny and L48 350 engine with headers..
gotta think about the fellows who first did customized paint and engine-body work on the vintage cars of last century..Probably had a few who appreciated their creativity and more who thot they were over the top..or tasteless..

difficult to know exactly how the flames will look once installed..I think the red and silver outlines will look good..and the red will be good acompanyment to the crossed flag emblems above.., Haven't applied them yet..still thinking about it..
Have a friend who has a lift and IF/WHEN I do apply them will do it with the car elevatedso I can get them on straight and centered in the recessed area of the front fenders..Jim
stindows
level2
level2

Postby stindows » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:27 am

Hi and welcome to My Custom Hotwheels Decal Shop. I have been collecting and customizing Hot Wheels for around 2 years now and have been building scale models and dioramas for a LOT longer. My passion for anything 1:64 scale has led me to create this online store – because as a customizer I was constantly frustrated at the lack of access to good quality decals on the correct scale. Flame Decals for Model Cars

Based in Sydney, I create model car decals as well as custom decals and ship them worldwide with my personal guarantee that every image will be clear and defined – and will remain that way always (so long as you follow the enclosed care instructions)

All my Racing decals for cars are printed on the highest quality waterslide paper that comes with the MCH guarantee for quality – and that lasts for the life of the waterside decals you apply to your models and diecast cars.

Read more about My Custom Hotwheels Waterslide Decals for cars including how to apply and maintain them for maximum effect as well as how to store your unused decals so you get the most use out of them. I also explain the difference between CLEAR and WHITE backed water-slide decals and why it’s important that you know the difference. Simply follow the link below.

Return to “General”