Air Purifiers?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

stindows
level2
level2

Air Purifiers?

Postby stindows » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:24 pm

I'm looking to buy an air purifier for my room and not sure which one to buy, have narrowed it down to either a Panasonic or a Sharp.

My room collects dust pretty quickly, shit pisses me off, I just get finished mopping/hoovering my room, cleaning everywhere ... only for the dust to start collecting again a day later ... dust, hair, clothing fibers, makes my air so dirty ...

Apparently, the Panasonic models are good for house dust, but the Sharp models have so many positive reviews and good for cleaning/ionizing the air as well as clearing dust. Not sure which one to get, anyone, have any experience buying these??

I usually buy Panasonic products in general (brand loyalty) and their products are usually really damn good. But, I think in the field of air purifiers, Sharp lead the way and like I said, their air purifier has soo many positive reviews ...

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Re: Air Purifiers?

Postby roomftrhaver » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Don't get anything with ionizing or ozone. Ozone is actually toxic in sufficient quantities. Look into the HEPA filters. We just got two for the apartment since we live in Bogot
rockwellcreaky
level1
level1

Postby rockwellcreaky » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 pm

I have a Honeywell air genius 5...It works good for dust particles/odor and it is quiet. It also oscillates if you want it to, works as a fan at same time too...I think the average rating on it is like 4-4.5 out of 5...

Even has a fancy blue accent light at bottom if you want it on. It also has a light for how dirty the filter is as well, which is washable...I paid under $200 for it. They make cheaper ones and more expensive ones, but this one worked for me...

Just Google Honeywell air genius 5 and compare it to what you were looking at...Mine is for a bedroom/living room I believe...The one you pictured can be used for a larger area, so both seem good. I dont know anything about hepa vs ionizers though...
graduateduser
level1
level1

Postby graduateduser » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:49 pm

I had a Sharper Image Ionic Breeze with UV light and it worked great but made the air have a funny smell.
stindows
level2
level2

Postby stindows » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:50 pm

roomftrhaver wrote:Don't get anything with ionizing or ozone. Ozone is actually toxic in sufficient quantities. Look into the HEPA filters. We just got two for the apartment since we live in Bogot

Just, bought the Sharp PlasmaCluster air purifier ... hopefully, it reduces the amount of dust, pollen etc in my room ... gives me cleaner air. It's self-regulating, ionizing, HEPA filter and also acts as a humidifier in the winter (winters in Japan are dry as f**k! lol)
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Postby roomftrhaver » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:50 pm

I bought a Honeywell Long-Life Pure HEPA QuietCare Air Purifier, 17000 for less than $100 on amazon a couple years ago.

Pretty compact. 3 speeds. True HEPA filter that can be vacuumed. It's pretty good.
stindows
level2
level2

Postby stindows » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:51 pm

roomftrhaver wrote:I bought a Honeywell Long-Life Pure HEPA QuietCare Air Purifier, 17000 for less than $100 on amazon a couple years ago.

Pretty compact. 3 speeds. True HEPA filter that can be vacuumed. It's pretty good.

That must be an American brand, I guess, as the store didn't have those. I live in Japan, it was mainly Sharp, Panasonic, Fujitsu, Hitachi air filters ... and the store was promoting the hell of the Sharp stuff, so went with that. There were also a lot of positive reviews for it on Amazon etc.
graduateduser
level1
level1

Postby graduateduser » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Those dinky little portable ones are pure shit. Call up an HVAC company and get one installed in your ducting system. You should have options ranging from $400 to like 8k or so. They do a better job, have better warranties, give you a massive array of choices, and actually work for the entire house. Some of them are so effective that they kill germs in the air more effectively than Lysol. Guardian Air products are my personal favorite. I use their top of the line air quality product and it's amazing. You will actually get sick far less with something like that.
rockwellcreaky
level1
level1

Postby rockwellcreaky » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:49 am

Our recently launched website focuses on a wide range of home cleaning products alongside general gadgets. Our expertise extends across a number of fields from vacuum cleaners through to hot tubs and DIY projects. Your home is your castle and keeping it clean is essential for the sake of hygiene and aesthetics. We concentrate on bringing you the best cleaning tips and products to make this everyday maintenance a breeze. Once everything is spick and span, everyone likes to have a few gadgets. We will look over time at an array of goodies to put a smile on your face.
Last edited by rockwellcreaky on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
presserffg
level1
level1

Postby presserffg » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Buy Air Purifier and Humidifier Combo from online. visit freshhomeguide.com to buy. It,s reliable website for buying products

Return to “General”