General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

stindows
level2
level2

Art Galleries to Purchase Paintings

Postby stindows » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:32 am

Hi,

We are going to Moscow and St. Petersburg in June, and one of our vacation things to do is to purchase a painting to take home with us.

We have been thinking about the flea markets in both cities, but are concerned that the paintings could be taken away from us at the airport due to "cultural value". As a result, we were wondering if anyone had recommendations for reasonably-priced art galleries? The plan would be to purchase a painting (probably max budget per painting is about $500), have them certify it for export, and then we can take it home.

Any recommendations?
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Re: Art Galleries to Purchase Paintings

Postby roomftrhaver » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:36 am

$500 sounds more like street-market level than gallery level to me but why not try galleries first. What I would suggest is go to the House of Artists in Krymsky Val, it's the same building as New Tretyakov Gallery. There are a lot of galleries inside AND there is an art market outside on the embankment, so you will have both options and a large choice all in the same place. :lol: :roll: :roll:
graduateduser
level1
level1

Postby graduateduser » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:41 am

Yeah, I completely agree that $500 is "street level", but as I said, my concern was that my flea-market purchase would get taken away at the airport, which is a new wrinkle. The House of Artists sounds like a great option, and I see it is in Moscow. Would you have any similar recommendations for St. Petersburg?
stindows
level2
level2

Postby stindows » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 am

roomftrhaver wrote:$500 sounds more like street-market level than gallery level to me but why not try galleries first. What I would suggest is go to the House of Artists in Krymsky Val, it's the same building as New Tretyakov Gallery. There are a lot of galleries inside AND there is an art market outside on the embankment, so you will have both options and a large choice all in the same place. :lol: :roll: :roll:

The painting would be painted within the past couple of years. In the past, we've bought from street artists that have painted the work themselves within the past few months (presumably). I am not looking for a painting that is 50+ years old, just something that we think is cool to own.

I suppose one option could be purchasing a flea market type painting and seeing if a helpful gallery will certify it for export for a small additional fee. Do you think that could work?
roomftrhaver
level1
level1

Postby roomftrhaver » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 am

stindows wrote:Hi,

We are going to Moscow and St. Petersburg in June, and one of our vacation things to do is to purchase a painting to take home with us.

We have been thinking about the flea markets in both cities, but are concerned that the paintings could be taken away from us at the airport due to "cultural value". As a result, we were wondering if anyone had recommendations for reasonably-priced art galleries? The plan would be to purchase a painting (probably max budget per painting is about $500), have them certify it for export, and then we can take it home.
Any recommendations?

I would start with visiting the galleries at the House of Artists and talking to them. I am not sure a gallery can quickly "certify" a painting for export - the certificate must be issued by the Ministry of Culture. In any case, they have the experience and will tell you what can and what can not be done.
graduateduser
level1
level1

Postby graduateduser » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:14 am

BestBuyArt.Com is an official company offering artwork services from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates to rest of the world. Our paintings are made by our Muslim artists and offering various types of colors and shapes. We also offer custom paintings. You can anytime contact us to have your own customized painting. You can anytime contact us with Email, Call, Message and WhatsApp. We offer 30 Days money back guarantee & 100% security guarantee. We offer 100% satisfied services that’s why you have 30 days full refund guarantee from us. So you can order without any hesitation.

Return to “General”