Steam Version Won't Authenticate

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Salaxalans
level0

Steam Version Won't Authenticate

Postby Salaxalans » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Hello! I've been having this problem for quite a while: I bought the game on Steam but it still says I have the demo version. It says as soon as I buy the "full" version (which I did) on Steam it will automatically authenticate, but that's clearly not the case. I've had this problem for over a year now, posting on the Steam forums and sending Introversion several emails that didn't get an answer; does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?I really would like to have the full version of the game someday. :P Thanks!!
Colytic
Site Admin

Re: Steam Version Won't Authenticate

Postby Colytic » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:21 am

I don't really know any answer exactly. Look for the authkey file in the game directory - if you don't know where that is right-click on Multiwinia in your Steam library, select Properties, then click on 'browse local files'. If the authkey file is there, open it in a text editor (like Notepad on Windows). Does the key inside include the letters DEMO?

If it doesn't - but you still have the demo version - you could copy then paste said key into the in-game authentication prompt directly. Or, you could try downloading the retail demo of IV's site, and enter your Steam key there.

I have no idea if any of these 'solutions' will even fit your problem but it might feel better than doing nothing.
Salaxalans
level0

Re: Steam Version Won't Authenticate

Postby Salaxalans » Sun May 01, 2016 10:56 am

The authkey is there and doesn't say demo; there actually isn't an authentication prompt, it just says it will automatically authenticate once I buy the full version on Steam. It seems like a really convenient feature except it doesn't work for me and nobody else seems to have the problem! :P I guess I'll try downloading it from the website. I'd like to get the Steam version working but maybe that just won't happen; there doesn't seem to be anything to try to fix. Thank you!

Return to “General”