Multiwinia Servers - Stress TEST Server?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Scribble[SFD]
level1
level1

Multiwinia Servers - Stress TEST Server?

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:38 pm

So, I have been playing a lot of Multiwinia lately and using the Firefox plugin that shows active servers.

Anyways, every couple of minutes, a server pops up on the list but is incompatible has an unknown map and is labeled Stress Test.

What exactly is this all about?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:10 pm

It is an Introversion test server of some kind. Probably there to stress test either the metaserver. At any rate, it is an internal IV build, and should be incompatible with everything.

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:08 pm

I visiting sometimes... out of nostalgia
Scribble[SFD]
level1
level1

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:54 pm

jelco wrote:In the same league there's the server called Monitor always running an unknown map. Both of these servers are internal use. I have seen the occasional joinable server with one of these names, but these have always been fakes.

On another note, I'm busy with moving a lot of stuff from my server to a new one, including the Ladder, and I was wondering if anyone even uses the website still (the dedis are still used but the website doesn't seem to get many visitors these days). I almost forgot that MM's Firefox plugin uses part of that. So thanks for reminding me why I should try to keep the downtime minimal. :)

Jelco

Oh yeah, you are the owner/designer of Multiwinia Ladder. Yeah, I just joined that site the other day and think it is very well made and just plain cool. Good work on that. I just wish I had discovered Multiwinia back when it was new. However, I understand that their costs involved and that Multiwinia is unfortnately not so popular anymore. In the end, it should be your own personal choice.

But anyways, back to the main topic, I have seen the "stress test" and "monitor" labels on the server list as others have stated here, but does anyone know exactly what is the stress testing doing? I mean what kind of stress issues is it testing? Or what is the monitor monitoring for?

Just curious. If know one actually knows, I PROBABLY won't die. :?
Scribble[SFD]
level1
level1

Postby Scribble[SFD] » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:45 am

Sounds good! It is a really nice looking site with tons of mouth-watering stats, which more and more recently I love stats for video games.

And to those that still want to play and have Steam, add me to your friends and message me whenever. I have been playing a lot of MW lately:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SF666
ChemicalRascal
level1
level1

Postby ChemicalRascal » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:38 am

... Interesting avatar, Scribble.

On the other note, jelco, and I know you've probably had this said to you before, but that's some fine work you've done on that site.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:52 am

shut up, you're a spam bot, you only have one post. Besides, that site sucks wuthout me!
ChemicalRascal
level1
level1

Postby ChemicalRascal » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:36 am

Ah, only one post in Multiwinia.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:21 am

You have 2 now, I trust you!

Return to “General”