Disable AI

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

tacc
level0

Disable AI

Postby tacc » Sun May 23, 2010 10:51 pm

Is it possible to play on 3 or 4 player maps with just 2 players? I'd like to play with someone on all maps, not just the ones where no AI enemies get in the way. We like the game but we are far from good so we get owned by the AI all the time...

Or is there any way to get very cheap copies of the game (lower than $10) so I can simply fill all slots with "real" players myself?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun May 23, 2010 11:58 pm

The first (using less players than the map is for) is not possible.

The second might be possible. I think it's possible to run a demo version and have it join a normal player's game. I don't think you can play most of the maps, though.
You can also ask a normal player to join up just to let you try it. Someone might be nice enough to.

As for getting it cheaper, I doubt it.

The AI isn't that hard after you've practiced against it, though. For a real challenge, play xander on blitz, Myst and Jordy(aka Cyan) on other modes. They have legendary skills. Check the http://www.multiwinia-ladder.net/
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon May 24, 2010 12:17 am

Or me on assault :P

(I don't play on the ladder much though)
tacc
level0

Postby tacc » Mon May 24, 2010 1:22 am

Phelanpt wrote:The second might be possible.

I'll just use Virtual PCs. Join the game, toggle ready and then I'll leave them alone. No problems in sight.

The only problem left is that I kind of dont want to spend 20 just to make up for this, in my opinion, design flaw. I don't see the point of forcing AI enemies.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon May 24, 2010 2:15 am

The game is not designed to be fair if all teams are not present. It is possible on most maps to give someone an advantage if there is an empty "base" nearby.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 am

You can try editing the maps by hand, and making the version you want for two players. If you want to try that, go to the mods and maps forum and search around.

But yeah, what elexis said, the maps are balanced for their number of players, and empty bases will probably make it more unbalanced.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon May 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Practice a little more. Set the AI to easy. Eventually, you'll beat it ;)

Return to “General”