no
31%

Total votes: 13
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

Map Editor

Postby Patrolman Smith » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Hello peoples of MW. I, like many others have been wondering where is the map editor? I understand that IV is going through some money troubles and does not have the time or effort to make it happen, but I may have a solution to bring the map editor into existence and financially help IV. My idea is to sell the Editor. Many MW players would gratefully hand over their hard earned cash to be able to play their own custom maps with friends.

I think a reasonable amount to sell it for is 5 dollars or 3.49821 euros. I personally would pay much higher :P
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:30 pm

I agree with P.Smith.
Multiwinia would be AWESOME with a map editor.
All the MW players would love this, and im sure they would pay more than 5 dollars to obtain such software.
plus introversion would get money.....
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

Advertising for sale of map editor

Postby Patrolman Smith » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:09 pm

I would suggest just advertising in servers of MW I'm sure Jelco would love to make his bots advertise for the editor
Patrolman Smith
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Not for me, I already payed 35 euro for the game after wich they dumped it too what was it 5 dollar?!! To pay anyhting more then nothing would be too much for me, however I would pay another 35 euro for another full blown expansion of MW even if it wasn't that full of content, sort of like a Soviet Assualt of WiC.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:32 pm

35 euro? Man you got ripped off.

Either I'm not thinking straight (thb that's not extremely unlikely), or the game was never sold for anything CLOSE to that.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:34 pm

ugh, I thought the poll said 'do you want the map editor' and said yes on the poll. Move one vote please.

Charging for the map editor would just mean less players would buy it, since there are roundabout ways now to make maps. It would only prevent the mapping community from growing and Multiwinia would stifle. Making it free to players who have already purchased the game is not only fair (since it's been said all this time that it's coming without a fee), but would also encourage the game to grow.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:35 pm

yep, let me just say this; IDIOT!

I buyed the boxed copy, so yah, maybe I'm the idiot here
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:39 pm

That's your mistake. A boxed copy, other than being cool, is virtually useless. You can always redownload the game (hell, the demo is the full game itself!), and can always see your key (both in the email and on the site).

You didn't pay the extra money for the game, but for being able to show it off more.

And stop calling me idiot. You're the idiot, with that impossible to succeed 'master plan' of yours.

Edit: just in case I gave the wrong impression, I DO NOT want the ME sold seperately.

And also, I'm 1000 posts away from 1337 posts :P
Last edited by NeatNit on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:42 pm

I pre-ordered my game because I wanted to support Introversion, support Dar/Multiwinia, and get the foamwinians that came with the box. I didn't mind paying more for what I got.

But I'd still expect the map editor to be free, unless I was getting some unusual super application to the map editor that was only available to those who paid. Multiwinia has my interest enough that I might actually invest in something like that (though it might be something I couldn't use- like a shape importer since I can't do 3D yet.)
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

free map editor, awesome

Postby Patrolman Smith » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 pm

A free ME is great but I don't think IV would make that big of a gamble if they didn't see cash already on the table to motivate them to make a ME
IV making a free ME would be much better then a purchasable one, everyone would use it and everyone would love that, but hey if IV is not interested in making a ME might as well try to coax them.
Patrolman Smith
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:58 pm

If people had to pay for map editor they would me a lot more willing to use darwinia to make maps, then IV would get no money at all (most people already have darwinia)
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

new idea for ME

Postby Patrolman Smith » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:12 am

Selling the ME would piss off people. In order to attract more people and make people play the game more the ME should be a achievement like in Darwinia
Patrolman Smith
GreenRock
level4
level4

Re: new idea for ME

Postby GreenRock » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:40 am

Patrolman Smith wrote:Selling the ME would piss off people. In order to attract more people and make people play the game more the ME should be a achievement like in Darwinia

Maybe for winning on all the maps.
Adub
level0

Postby Adub » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:02 am

I hope you all know (especially you developers and those of you from Introverion/Ambrosia) that the days of Multiwinia are numbered. If you really care about the publics interest in Multiwinia then RELEASE the editor. You cannot possibly think that if you sell it for a few bucks that interest is going to dwindle. Unfortunately there isn't much interest in the first place. However, those who still play and love the game, would PAY you for the editor. I could drop 20 USD on the editor which is the same price as i paid for the game, because it is pocket change. YOUR pocket change if you choose to sell it. Unless some how you guys can improve the interest in Multiwinia, then it should not be free. If there was thousands of angry players that were not going to pay you even a dollar for the editor then ok, release it for free. This is not the case however, what you have is a handful of players willing to pay you for an ME of the game they love.

Of course, all of this is for nothing if you do not release the editor.
Personally, I do not care if I have to pay for it . The important part, and perhaps the point that people are missing is that you guys should release the editor.

Also, unlocking the editor in game is unlikely since only Steam uses the achievements.

Return to “General”