Organize your own Multiwinia Tournament

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

martinmir
level2
level2

Organize your own Multiwinia Tournament

Postby martinmir » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Okay so there has been a lot of discussion about Multiwinia multiplay especially the fact people are finding it difficult to find others to play with. How about this for a solution, you the IV community arrange your own popular time to play and stick to it. You can then arrange tournaments amongst yourselves to see who has the best luck and skill with Multiwinia. From the top of my head I would say late in the evening would be the best time as the darkness suits this game down to a tee.

While you wait for some great updates to Multiwinia why not get good at what is out so far.

Thoughts?
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:42 pm

I have thoughts, many thoughts even... first off all *censured sentence*

Tournements to see who's best with luck or skill is completely useless since we all know skill exceeds luck by far and we all know who has the most skill, that being said some more games would be nice since you *censured* *censured* up the press campaign completely, why else is a great games as this barely recognized?!

"While you wait for some great updates to Multiwinia why not get good at what is out so far." I got good at what is out so far so how about some fucking updates!!! ow I see you where not talking to me... you enjoy me seeing in pain while I am waiting? I think you do..

"Though's": not really.... maybe play a game yourself for a chance??
Killjoy
level1
level1

Postby Killjoy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Isnt there a chalange player on Multiwinia Ladder?

Then two members could arrange something between them.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:55 pm

OMG the IGNORANCE!!!
eos
level2
level2

Postby eos » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:14 pm

I was planning an MW tourney at one point, but it died due to poor planning and our dear friend Cyan.

Stab! Stab! Stab stab! Stabby stab stab McStab +1!

Sorry Xander...

Anyhow, I would be willing to organise a tourney with a bit of help. People wanting to participate would need to be willing to host the game servers though.
My other account is Steve Jobs!
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:04 pm

I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead

*woke up, thinks, shit it's a new day now hitler got the power again, heil hiter: , I am willingly to follow yur lead, goes back to sleep again* Just because I do give a shit about not giving a shit
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Good concept martinmir, and it would probably work for uk-us players. But I dont see it working for people in more obscure places, like australia. There is only about half a dozen of us on this forum, and I for one am not too find of staying up late at night to play a decent multiplayer game. Maybe we need an "instant join section" which just slams you in with the first 1-3 other people who join. This will fix the problem of people creating a map and no one joining because eg. they dont like the map.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:42 pm

elexis wrote:...obscure places, like australia.

Heh. That just strikes me as funny, somehow. A more diplomatic way of phrasing this might have been to point out that most of the player base is in the UK (and Europe) and the US, which share several hours of daylight, whereas places on the other side of the world (like Australia) might be at a bit of a disadvantage.

xander
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:53 am

Cyan. wrote:I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead, again I am willingly to follow yur lead

*woke up, thinks, shit it's a new day now hitler got the power again, heil hiter: , I am willingly to follow yur lead, goes back to sleep again* Just because I do give a shit about not giving a shit

wow.

Okay...

Shut the fuck up Cyan.

That is all.

And martin, I'm in for it!
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 pm

I'd be interested. Unfortunately, my connection is unsuitable for hosting, and I'm no where near organized enough to organize this thing. Also, I suck at Multiwinia.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:51 pm

RabidZombie wrote:I'd be interested. Unfortunately, my connection is unsuitable for hosting, and I'm no where near organized enough to organize this thing. Also, I suck at Multiwinia.

I would think that any tournament should be played on dedicated servers, no? I would organize such a tournament, but I honestly don't have time. However, if anyone else wants some help or advice (I have organized a number of fencing tournaments, and one or two Defcon tournaments), I would be willing to give it.

xander
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:16 pm

xander wrote:
RabidZombie wrote:I'd be interested. Unfortunately, my connection is unsuitable for hosting, and I'm no where near organized enough to organize this thing. Also, I suck at Multiwinia.

I would think that any tournament should be played on dedicated servers, no? I would organize such a tournament, but I honestly don't have time. However, if anyone else wants some help or advice (I have organized a number of fencing tournaments, and one or two Defcon tournaments), I would be willing to give it.

xander

Doh. I cannibalized my post and thus that bit makes no sense. I meant I'd be unable to provide a dedicated server to play on.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:27 pm

I kinda like this idea:

Unit13 wrote:Its me again with my bag of ideas. :o
Anyway, Darwinia I think has a really great world. Why not make that into a Multiwinia. Let me explain, you control part of the globe while 3 other players have other parts. Some contain Furturinians, Evilinians, and the virus. Its then a gaint biziker map. Then when you click on a location and order you army to your enemy territory, which they follow a line to get there, when that happens a type of map comes up. An example is KOTH, Rocket, Assualt, etc. This is only somthing i would like to see in THE FUTURE!
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
►►►
Edit: Simple Example: a game of RISK but you control the battles. ◄◄◄
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
(http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiwinia/viewtopic.php?t=2515)

Return to “General”