Why does hardly anyone play this anymore?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:00 pm

NeatNit wrote:To revive Multiwinia (or I guess now would be more appropiate to say to keep it as alive as it is) we need to get NeoThermic to CLOSE DOWN HIS SERVERS.

While I agree that 6 demo servers is about 3 too many, why should I close them *all* down? On the demo servers alone over 5000 games have been played, and on all my servers alone there's been over 7800 games since I moved them to the IV servers. There was about 2000 before that. It's clearly wanted, so again why should I shut them down?

NeatNit wrote:Someone who's worth more around these forums than me, please PM him?

Anyone can PM me, the PM system isn't restricted by rank or status. Don't be afraid to PM me; if you're PMing me you're worth enough time to read the message. Anything beyond that will be judged on the contents :)

NeoThermic
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:09 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
NeatNit wrote:To revive Multiwinia (or I guess now would be more appropiate to say to keep it as alive as it is) we need to get NeoThermic to CLOSE DOWN HIS SERVERS.

While I agree that 6 demo servers is about 3 too many, why should I close them *all* down? On the demo servers alone over 5000 games have been played, and on all my servers alone there's been over 7800 games since I moved them to the IV servers. There was about 2000 before that. It's clearly wanted, so again why should I shut them down?
I'm not talking about the demo servers, but you have like 2 servers for each gamemode - isn't that a bit too much? Your servers take up slightly less than half the server list, and that's in a good case! Usually they're about 90%.
NeoThermic wrote:
NeatNit wrote:Someone who's worth more around these forums than me, please PM him?

Anyone can PM me, the PM system isn't restricted by rank or status. Don't be afraid to PM me; if you're PMing me you're worth enough time to read the message. Anything beyond that will be judged on the contents :)
Well one thing's for sure - the contents will not be good if they're coming from me.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:12 pm

NeatNit wrote:...but you have like 2 servers for each gamemode...

You know, most kindergartners don't have trouble counting to "one."

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Most.
Zeph
level1
level1

Postby Zeph » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 am

NeoThermic wrote:

NeoThermic

Theres no reason to close down all of them but I've never seen more than maybe half in use at one time, and thats the problem. A few full servers looks a lot more active and less daunting than a bunch of empty servers.
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 pm

NeatNit wrote:Most.

Stop spamming. You are really starting to annoy me.

I don't understand why since Cyan. is gone someone feels like they need to fill the void he left.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:08 am

Wasn't he trying to fill cyan.'s shoes before cyan. left?

/spam>

This goes completely against my argument of were-an-international-community-with-different-time-zones but maybe you should have a bare minimum (say 2 demo and 3 normal) of servers on 24/7 and have special times / days when the number of servers are increased, to persuade people to all play around the same time. A sort of "happy hour".
xeniac
level0

Postby xeniac » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:47 pm

i'd like to join you on the internets, but im still waiting for the Linux port. :(

WIth the new "Online Strategy" from IV the port-gap is a real issue. :cry:
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:56 pm

xeniac wrote:i'd like to join you on the internets, but im still waiting for the Linux port. :(

WIth the new "Online Strategy" from IV the port-gap is a real issue. :cry:

Would you rather wait, or face the wrath of endless sync errors. :P
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:01 am

cheesemoo0 wrote:

I don't understand why since Cyan. is gone someone feels like they need to fill the void he left.

Neatnit fails that because he doesn't start throwing random slanderous insults around like a prick. If he were spamming he would have repeated posting "Most." 3 times or more after that.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:57 am

Major Cooke wrote:
cheesemoo0 wrote:

Neatnit fails that because he doesn't start throwing random slanderous insults around like a prick. If he were spamming he would have repeated posting "Most." 3 times or more after that.
Umm, NeatNit.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:50 pm

NeatNit wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:
cheesemoo0 wrote:

Umm, NeatNit.

Right. And people call me Cookie when it's actually pronounced "Cook".
Lithilk
level1
level1

Postby Lithilk » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:31 pm

And the Introversion community prides itself of being friendly to newcomers, open to discussion about anything, and generally mild-mannered.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Lithilk wrote:And the Introversion community prides itself of being friendly to newcomers, open to discussion about anything, and generally mild-mannered.
Discussion over. That wins.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Lithilk wrote:And the Introversion community prides itself of being friendly to newcomers, open to discussion about anything, and generally mild-mannered.

No we don't. :P

Return to “General”