A Multiplewinia review surfaces: Ouugh!

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:31 pm

It's pretty clear that it's a joke, but pretending to be a dick is tantamount to being a dick, to paraphrase Plutarch.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Woo, Plutarch, I think I have a book of his somewhere. If not I *should* have.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Brodin wrote:Guys I think you don't understand what the review is going for, and I believe this had to do with the fact that you're a bunch of casuals who don't know shit about Halo 3. I'm sorry to put it this way but there just doesn't seem to be any getting through to you. It's a very simple equation. Nographics = boardgame. Deal with it nerd. Also you could at the very least respect the reviewer's opinion, you're being awfully rude.

We're being rude? :roll:

I'm a major Halo freak, and I still appreciate Darwinia and Multiwinia, because all three of these are games, not just graphical demos. If all you appreciate is the realisation of graphical effects, you should stick to 3DMark.
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:03 pm

*swings into thread on rope*
*takes popcorn*
*takes angry, serious people*
FOOP
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm

It's also what Multiwinia feels like because all it's just a name change. I guess it's a better name change since it no longer blasphemes against god and that would probably offend some ppl.

Crap, I always forget to get offended when I'm supposed to.

KingAl wrote:It's pretty clear that it's a joke, but pretending to be a dick is tantamount to being a dick, to paraphrase Plutarch.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:19 pm

So, as many of you know, I quit my job last year to return to school full-time to take more math and *shudder* education classes. I did this so that I could teach at the high school level, and make more money than I was making. Now, let me tell you something about education classes. First off, the instructors in these classes believe that they should teach by example. So, in every one of these classes, we are treated like children. We do lots of little activities, and group work, and it is just like being in 8th grade again. I find this to be irritating in the extreme. This, however, brings me to my second point. There is an old phrase: "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach." I had always thought that this was a mean-spirited joke, however, it seems to be true in about 90% of cases. I seriously wonder about some of my colleagues, because they seem to eat up this "teaching by example" bullshit, and really love to be treated like children.

So, why is this relevant? Well, this morning, I have to go to a lecture in educational psychology, where we will be watching the film Lord of the Flies. As it is a film, I thought that I should make some popcorn to bring along. However, until reading this thread, I had forgotten that I was panning on doing so. Thank you all for the reminder.

xander
evotech
level1
level1

Postby evotech » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:35 pm

haha, best post ever... wasted a nice chunk of my day
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:46 pm

xander wrote:This, however, brings me to my second point. There is an old phrase: "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach." I had always thought that this was a mean-spirited joke, however, it seems to be true in about 90% of cases. I seriously wonder about some of my colleagues, because they seem to eat up this "teaching by example" bullshit, and really love to be treated like children.
Two words: Management drop-outs.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:53 pm

I made the joke once to an education major at my school that teachers should be paid less, that way we weed out all but those truly committed to education and we would thus have a better quality of teachers.

They didn't seem to find it as funny as I did.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Trolls. They think they're tricking everyone. But really, they're getting trolled themselves.

I think.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:38 pm

You have green hair.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:04 pm

You gotta have blue hair!
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:15 pm

I do! 20% of the time.
Nimbus
level2
level2

Postby Nimbus » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Why do I fell like my brain was just raped?
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:29 pm

What's up with calling in 'multiplewinia'? The name is 'multiwinia'.... I think he reveiwed the wrong game.
[insert outrageously funny/insightful comment here]

Return to “General”