Multiwinia steam group.

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Phevnil
level1
level1

Multiwinia steam group.

Postby Phevnil » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:16 pm

Every one seems to be a bit upset over the lack of a pregame lobby chat. This makes sense I don't like that missing feature either. So I came up with a temporary (until the patch with lobby chat comes out) solution. When I get home from school (I don't have time now) I am going to make a steam group for Multiwinia lobby chat. I know that not every one has the steam version of Multiwinia but most people now a days have steam. Basically it would put all the users into one place and if they have the steam version (or start it through a short cut they add to steam) then we will know who is playing at the time it would then make it simple to start a steam chat and invite all of the people who join your server to it. Insta presto we have a temporary lobby chat and a way to track if your friends are playing or not.

If there already is a Multiwinia steam group I apologize and we can just use that one.
(I’d go into a bit more detail about what I was planing but I have to leave for school)
[insert outrageously funny/insightful comment here]
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:32 pm

Someone already created a steam group during the beta, and there is of course the IRC channel #multiwinia on irc.uplinkcorp.net open for anyone.
tals
level1
level1

Postby tals » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:28 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Someone already created a steam group during the beta

Isn't that subject to your nda :roll:

A more appropriately named Steam Group seems a much better idea. I'm just waiting for the lobby myself.

Tals
John
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby John » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Lobby chat will be in the next major patch :)
tals
level1
level1

Postby tals » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:53 pm

John wrote:Lobby chat will be in the next major patch :)

Seriously looking forward to that. Will hopefully make a huge difference and give more life into the game. Great game that it is - should be far more popular that it seems to be :(

Tals
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:40 pm

NDA! Oh, wait... :)

NeoThermic
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:13 am

tals wrote:

Seriously looking forward to that. Will hopefully make a huge difference and give more life into the game. Great game that it is - should be far more popular that it seems to be :(

Tals

It probably will be far more popular once we get lobby chat, because it'll no longer be pot luck.
tals
level1
level1

Postby tals » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:13 am

Pinky wrote:
tals wrote:

Tals

It probably will be far more popular once we get lobby chat, because it'll no longer be pot luck.

For some reason it seemed to hit my gaming circles with a whimper rather than a bang. It could be that the lack of a SP story keeps people away. For me the MP aspect is the draw.

Hopefully each time they provide a significant update should draw more people in. Stats is another key part of it - the more the merrier. Can't have enough stats IMHO. WIC is a good example of it done well

http://www.massgate.net/profile.php?0,124761,stats
http://www.massgate.net/profile.php?0,124761,medals

Tals

Return to “General”