Blitzkrieg
11%

Total votes: 38
Crimson
level1
level1

Favorite Gametype?

Postby Crimson » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:10 am

In The Opposing end of Kuth's Post. I felt that there needed to be a poll for your Favorite Gametype, not just the one you win the most, but which you find the most Suiting to Multiwinia and least frustrating to play.

I personally Chose Blitzkrieg because it gives you a clear overall strategy, you can't simply be out flanked and have your home flag/base taken over immediately if they don't have a direct path to it (I dislike People who flank over the entire map, even though it's a legitimate strategy), therefore allowing Armour to be used in Small Scale Surprise attacks instead of winning the game instantly. It also gives a kind of Long-Campaign feel, Especially on large maps like Gridlock.
In second place would be CTS, It's great to see such a Mosh Pit all over statues, seeing them go back and forth in accordance to who has the most power in the situation. And when you neglect your statue gathering to attack your enemy, you enemy might capture a couple statues in return, It's a good trade off if you ask me :D .
Last edited by Crimson on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:14 am

I have to say CTS - I just love the frantic scrambling for statues, especially on maps like Melting Pot. KOTH is probably second - I find the balance between collecting points and conquering more of the map for a later spurt gives it some depth without making it too complicated.
I haven't played RR or Blitzkrieg much yet - maybe when I have I'll change my mind, but for now they're not at the top of my list.
Assault is still plagued by balance issues on some maps (though I had a very close game with zanzer7 on DGS last night, which was good fun), and Domination is a bit shallow.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:03 am

I preface this by saying that I am crap against real people. I just plain suck at most (all) multiplayer games. That being said, I really like the two and three player Blitz maps. I find them to be quite fun (even if I haven't won against a real person yet).

xander
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:28 am

I thought about starting a poll like this after my 'disliked' thread, but I felt it was kind of redundant and favorites could be addressed there.

Anyway, my own preferred game types are capture the statue and King of the Hill. Preferred maps are "The Tortured Expanse", "Scorched Earth", "Melting Pot", and "Field of unending Dawn". As you can see, most of these are three player maps.
Crimson
level1
level1

Postby Crimson » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:30 am

Kuth wrote:I thought about starting a poll like this after my 'disliked' thread, but I felt it was kind of redundant and favorites could be addressed there

Sorry Kuth, I just wanted to see a poll of these, makes it a lot easier than reading through a lot of posts. When there's a Question with many answers and no Correct answer, a Poll is a Valid option :)
Mental_Atom
level1
level1

Postby Mental_Atom » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:38 am

I like rocket riot because loads of stuff can go wrong and you need a clear strategy within 1 minute, making it very challenging but fun
Bas
level2
level2

Postby Bas » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:01 am

Rocket Riot is fun, until you gain a lead and all CPU players send filled transports to your spawn because there's no penalty for going such distances deep into enemy territory. :/

Domination for me, as long as the powerups are balanced. And I don't get raped by several faulty crates while my opponent gets both nukes and meteors.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:03 am

Interesting. Blitzkrieg is leading both the 'most popular' and 'most unpopular' polls as of this writing.
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:09 am

Leaving me to believe not to trust these polls at all. :D
tals
level1
level1

Postby tals » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:24 am

CTS for me - love the concept of the MW's struggling under them whilst under fire :)

Melting pot is superb.

Tals
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:36 am

cheesemoo0 wrote:Leaving me to believe not to trust these polls at all.

No, it's a perfectly expected result - Blitzkrieg is the most polarising gamemode, in that it only appeals to some people, but it appeals to them strongly. Thus, when you ask people to choose their one favourite mode, it shows up a lot, and the same when you ask for the least favourite.
Hertston
level1
level1

Postby Hertston » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:10 am

Rocket riot by a short nose from capture the statue.
Tricycle21
level2
level2

Postby Tricycle21 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:45 am

Pox wrote:
cheesemoo0 wrote:Leaving me to believe not to trust these polls at all.

No, it's a perfectly expected result - Blitzkrieg is the most polarising gamemode, in that it only appeals to some people, but it appeals to them strongly. Thus, when you ask people to choose their one favourite mode, it shows up a lot, and the same when you ask for the least favourite.

And on opposite side KOTH sits.
TRC21

Oh yes.

3 meter above. I think.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:58 am

Favorite: Rocket Riot. I seem to be quite good. ;)

Least Favorite: Assault. It's just boring for the defenders. And the attackers don't have too much of a better time.

I'm a bit undecided on blitzkrieg. Some blitzkrieg maps are really fun, but most games almost always in in a stalemate. There needs to be a reduction in the handicap for loosing players (or if there isn't one, a negative handicap, ala Team Fortress 2 or Z).
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm not much of an Assault fan. My favourite is King of the Hill; my second favourite is probably CTS.

Return to “General”