Favorite element of the game?

General discussion about Multiwinia

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:16 am

The power ups are great, I'm absolutely loving the Assault mode.
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:19 am

Assault mode ftw!

Also: I like seeing Multiwinins try to shoot the nukes down.

THAT SOUND WILL FOREVER BE ASSOCIATED WITH DEFCON!!!!

Also, the meteors have REALLY good aim.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:29 am

One of my favourite moments was watching some put a flameturret behind my gunturrets and rushing me. I knew fully well how doomed I was, but you have got to love that kind of move. It's just incredible to watch the results. Huge fan of experiencing inventive ways to be a complete prick with power ups. Don't forget to grow a Magical Forest around the Flameturret!

My absolute favourite element is how rarely the game runs at FUCKALL FPS now. Made a 2-player assault unplayable before where now I notice only very minor iffyness when 500 multiwinians jump through a barrier and burn up.
PegasusJF
level1
level1

Postby PegasusJF » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:52 am

There is very little I dislike about this game. The only ideas are some improvements, so I hope this game does well for Introversion.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:02 am

The FPS is much improved over Darwinia. As Mas said. :)
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:49 am

Assault.

Although the game I just played, the AI got stuck on a trunk port, and reached his pop cap so he couldn't send any more units. From then on it was me vs. the ant nest I had placed to slow his assault, and had now ranged further to find more fuel.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:18 am

Mas Tnega wrote:One of my favourite moments was watching some put a flameturret behind my gunturrets and rushing me. I knew fully well how doomed I was, but you have got to love that kind of move. It's just incredible to watch the results. Huge fan of experiencing inventive ways to be a complete prick with power ups. Don't forget to grow a Magical Forest around the Flameturret!

That might've been me. I did that exact thing this afternoon. The other player's name wasn't Mas anything, and it involved petals in some way... might that have been you?
Anyway, possibly my favorite tactic is the flameturret rush. It's extremely fun, being a complete prick.

Shwart!!
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:56 am

Mas Tnega wrote:One of my favourite moments was watching some put a flameturret behind my gunturrets and rushing me. I knew fully well how doomed I was, but you have got to love that kind of move. It's just incredible to watch the results.

I don't quite get how that works, do you send a force in a build a flameturret right next to the other turrets in the hopes of your multiwinians getting the the flameturret before your opponent does. Surely at that range it would be better to just push on forwards since your pretty close and your multiwinians can just get shot at without reacting when they are trying to get into the flameturret. Also not to mention the impenetrable defense that the enemy has if your plan fails.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:04 am

No- the flameturret is meant to teamkill all the other defences.
And it does it admirably.

Note that it needs to be placed behind the other turrets.

Shwart!!
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:01 am

Ahhhhhhh, clever and devious indeed.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:55 pm

Shwart!! wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:One of my favourite moments was watching some put a flameturret behind my gunturrets and rushing me. I knew fully well how doomed I was, but you have got to love that kind of move. It's just incredible to watch the results. Huge fan of experiencing inventive ways to be a complete prick with power ups. Don't forget to grow a Magical Forest around the Flameturret!

That might've been me. I did that exact thing this afternoon. The other player's name wasn't Mas anything, and it involved petals in some way... might that have been you?
Anyway, possibly my favorite tactic is the flameturret rush. It's extremely fun, being a complete prick.

Shwart!!

I also did that yesterday when playing on Beyond the Pale. We still failed miserably though.
Hertston
level1
level1

Re: Favorite element of the game?

Postby Hertston » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Kuth wrote:Now that we have our hands wet with MULTIWINIA! and the complaint threads are starting to arise, how about off-setting them with some appreciation for this thing IV let us play with? Any moments/ things in the game you find your favorite, or made you LoL and loose the game?

Not a 'moment', but the thing I like most is that they kept the mechanics simple. That adds a real elegance to gameplay which allows it to be fast, exciting and tactically subtle (while still being able to appreciate the spectacle) without needing an encyclopaedic knowledge of keyboard shortcuts and memorized upgrade paths.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Well the best thing I saw so far was when I got wiped out in Domination...my last Spawn point was in a dark forest and my opponent marched his army up to the outskirts of the forest, placed a flame turret and incinerated the entire forest and my last remaining DGs...

...well played... :wink:
CXZman
level1
level1

Postby CXZman » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:18 pm

By far, I LOVE the three-clicks way to build a battalion. Outstandingly ergonomic.

1. right click on any Multiwinian
2. right click next to it
3. right click on destination

Organizing two armies ? click click click ! click click click !

Gnaaaah !! Too good ! :twisted:
Cabbage
level2
level2

Postby Cabbage » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:57 pm

I absolutely love the "Leap of Faith" map. Watching those multiwinians fly is priceless. :D

Return to “General”