Page 1 of 7

Linux on launch?

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:17 pm
by PlayX
Hi

I've just preordered Multiwinia limited Edition. Will the Linux Version come out the same day as the Windows Version?
Or will there be a Linux Beta for preorders?

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:24 pm
by Phelanpt
I think I've read that the Linux version will come later, but don't know if it was IV that said it, or a forum member.
But if what happened with previous games is any indication, you'll get the windows version and will be able to download the linux binary with no aditional cost later.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:55 pm
by M1AU
Put me on the waiting list of the Linux client. :)

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:21 am
by Pox
If IV's previous pattern is anything to go by, we'll see a Linux version in a couple of months. Until then, you could try it in wine, I know it runs <NDA NDA> except when you <NDA> the <NDA>, man that bit is so awesome.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:32 am
by shinygerbil
When in Wine, I've <NDA>. Weird.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:31 am
by multimania
The linux version <NDA> avaliable on release and the game runs absolutly <NDA> under wine. So <NDA>, in fact, that I might cry.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:40 pm
by xander
Let's fill in some of those blanks, shall we?

Pox wrote:If IV's previous pattern is anything to go by, we'll see a Linux version in a couple of months. Until then, you could try it in wine, I know it runs around in circles except when you taunt it with the giant trout that comes in the box -- man that bit is so awesome.


shinygerbil wrote:When in Wine, I've never used the giant trout -- I use cod, instead. Weird.


multimania wrote:The linux version comes with your choice of several different fish, including cod, halibut, salmon, trout, and sole. The fish will be avaliable on release and the game runs absolutly upside-down under wine. So even though it comes with fish, it runs upside-down so poorly, in fact, that I might cry.


xander

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:45 pm
by RabidZombie
xander wrote:Let's fill in some of those blanks, shall we?

multimania wrote:The linux version comes with your choice of several different fish, including cod, halibut, salmon, trout, and sole. The fish will be avaliable on release and the game runs absolutly upside-down under wine. So even though it comes with fish, it runs upside-down so poorly, in fact, that I might cry.


xander


One could even say that, when running under wine, the trout are smashed. Oops, I mean, the <NDA> and <NDA> <NDA>.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:05 pm
by Xocrates
I'm starting to feel we're <NDA> this joke too much.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:56 pm
by Mas Tnega
I think respecting the <NDA> is a healthy thing to do.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:17 pm
by xander
Mas Tnega wrote:I think respecting the <NDA> is a healthy thing to do.

Respecting the NDA is one thing, but waving it in the faces of those that don't have access to the beta is in poor taste. ;)

xander

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:21 pm
by zach
I would say something.

Oh wait, I did. And I didn't break the NDA - what are the odds of that?

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:13 am
by elexis
This is kinda off topic, but will everybody be able to view the beta forums once the game is released?

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:36 am
by RabidZombie
Maybe. Maybe not.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:15 am
by shinygerbil
I think that's how it was with Darwinia and Defcon. :)