Subversion ( An Open Letter to the Introversion Staff )

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

HeadClot
level0

Subversion ( An Open Letter to the Introversion Staff )

Postby HeadClot » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:35 pm

To: Introversion Software

Hello,

My name is Benjamin Stanley one of the founders of Explosive Sheep Interactive.

It has recently come to my attention that development of Subversion has stopped for Prison Architect.
I am here to make a proposal. I would like to continue the development of Subversion ( If allowed ) under a new banner.
But we would like to gut it from top to bottom in terms of game play. The in house City Generation technologies that you have developed we
would like to acquire/License from you.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time -

Benjamin Stanley

Email: Technology_rocks@hotmail.com

Edit: Clarified for the forums
Last edited by HeadClot on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Good joke, spam is evolving rapidly into new ingenuity, amazing. You gotta give this man some credit Bert, at least give him a slight nod before you swing your mighty ban-hammer, this was not a bad idea.
HeadClot
level0

Postby HeadClot » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:25 am

Who said I was joking - I bought the Humble Introversion bundle and I was quite impressed at what I saw.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:46 pm

LMAO, you really think Chris would just sell his brainchild he has been working on for so long? I don't think they're that desperate and even if they were, I would really, really doubt Chris would consent with it.

Further, you think they read the forums all day long? If you are really a commercial part and interested in there city generator technology, why don't you sent them an e-mail in person?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Try contacting Introversion by email. You're much more likely to grab their attention.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Please ignore Jordy, and for god sakes don't use hotmail.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:49 pm

What's wrong with me, and with hotmail for that matter?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Jordy... wrote:What's wrong with me
Apart from the fact that you're a complete and total ass that serves only to be a detriment to the forum?

and with hotmail for that matter?
If you ever wanted to maintain the image that you don't know shit about respectability on the internet, Hotmail's your service of choice. What's wrong with this is, well, that.

But yeah, this:
RabidZombie wrote:Try contacting Introversion by email. You're much more likely to grab their attention.

However, I go back to that point about Hotmail and ask: Who are you? Either you've got serious page rank issues, or you don't exist on the internet. This would be backed up by your having to use a Hotmail account. This means you're probably no one, which doesn't look good for the odds that you'll get much done with what you're asking for. Seems unfair but the Uplink forum could have a dedicated vapourware section and you'd still need a flash-light and two hands to find any particular failed project.

Have you done stuff in the past? Do you have something in mind? Are you more than one person? Can you do anything?
HeadClot
level0

Postby HeadClot » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:
Jordy... wrote:What's wrong with me
Apart from the fact that you're a complete and total ass that serves only to be a detriment to the forum?

and with hotmail for that matter?
If you ever wanted to maintain the image that you don't know shit about respectability on the internet, Hotmail's your service of choice. What's wrong with this is, well, that.

But yeah, this:
RabidZombie wrote:Try contacting Introversion by email. You're much more likely to grab their attention.

However, I go back to that point about Hotmail and ask: Who are you? Either you've got serious page rank issues, or you don't exist on the internet. This would be backed up by your having to use a Hotmail account. This means you're probably no one, which doesn't look good for the odds that you'll get much done with what you're asking for. Seems unfair but the Uplink forum could have a dedicated vapourware section and you'd still need a flash-light and two hands to find any particular failed project.

Have you done stuff in the past? Do you have something in mind? Are you more than one person? Can you do anything?

We do not exist on the internet yet at least. :/

Yes we have something in mind but we will leave it at that.
We are more than one person. Technically there is 10 including myself.
I am an Unreal 3 / Source mapper and Blender 3D artist.

As for have I done stuff in the past Yes - I worked on a (Fan) Star Fox project known as Project Kursed for UT3/UDK. It was originally on source FYI
There are a few other projects I have worked but I am not able to speak about them due to NDA.
If you want to see some of my work just let me know. :)
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:47 pm

What the fuck, I'm not a complete ass, and even so, I have a very tight, well rounded, and smooth ass, so that should be a lure instead of a detriment to visitors of this forum.

As for hotmail, it works fine for me for ages and never had any issues with it, I hear gmail is fucking around with advertisings and I trust google even less then microsoft anyway.
So what else is there. Please be kind enough to educate me.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 pm

*He* should have benjamin.stanley@explosivesheep.com.
Failing that, plenty of free, only mildly annoying webmail services around, most of them support IMAP by now.
HeadClot
level0

Postby HeadClot » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:56 am

Jordy... wrote:What the fuck, I'm not a complete ass, and even so, I have a very tight, well rounded, and smooth ass, so that should be a lure instead of a detriment to visitors of this forum.

As for hotmail, it works fine for me for ages and never had any issues with it, I hear gmail is fucking around with advertisings and I trust google even less then microsoft anyway.
So what else is there. Please be kind enough to educate me.

The only reason I still use Hotmail - Google has loose lips on that part.

Oh and about your other comment earlier in the thread.

LMAO, you really think Chris would just sell his brainchild he has been working on for so long? I don't think they're that desperate and even if they were, I would really, really doubt Chris would consent with it.

I think this deserves a little clarification.
There are allot of applications for the tech behind subversion ranging from fire fighting simulations to urban/rural hostage rescue simulation all the way down to super hero / Villain games with a procedural city. What Chris has created is something that I could only dream of making on the terms of code side.

1. We were not looking to buy the Subversion IP only license the technology and make a game from that.
2. We are looking at making something completely different from subversion.
3. We want the blessing of Introversion on this project allot of our team members our huge fans of Introversion. Including myself :)

Hope that it explains it :)

*He* should have benjamin.stanley@explosivesheep.com.
Failing that, plenty of free, only mildly annoying webmail services around, most of them support IMAP by now.

The only problem is that explosivesheep.com was taken... We are currently acquiring a different domain at the moment. :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:09 am

A. Lot. A lot. Two words. One "L." X(

xander
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:02 am

HeadClot wrote:The only problem is that explosivesheep.com was taken... We are currently acquiring a different domain at the moment. :)
Ah, so it has. Some guy in Israel bought it on 14th July 2011. It expires one year after. Nothing looks to have been done with it.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:24 pm

jelco wrote:And they actually believe we are responsible!
Just so I can fully comprehend the crazy, at which point do those people enter a business relation with the hosting company?

Return to “Subversion”