Is There Ever Going to Be Another Subversion Update?

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

Stormy Dragon
level0

Is There Ever Going to Be Another Subversion Update?

Postby Stormy Dragon » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:38 am

It's been nearly a year now since we've heard anything about Subversion. Is the game dead?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:27 am

The last update noted that IV were not going to post more updates. The game is still in development.

xander
Teermit
level0

Postby Teermit » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:33 am

There are no news since 20 May and no posts in a blog since 9 March.
IV migth leave a message "We are still alive" :(
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:38 am

They are still alive.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:53 am

I dunno, I think its time for one of you Londoners to take a camera down to IV HQ and get some visual confirmation. :)
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Teermit wrote:There are no news since 20 May and no posts in a blog since 9 March.
IV migth leave a message "We are still alive" :(

They did.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Clive At Five
level1
level1

Postby Clive At Five » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:33 pm

They are doing Science and

bert_the_turtle wrote:They are still alive.

................... no, but in all seriousness, an update of any, non-descript sort would be nice.

-Clive
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:19 pm

They're migrating their servers. That good enough?
ryacko
level1
level1

Postby ryacko » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:12 am

I suspect much of the gameplay for subversion has been completed. However I guess getting the game to standard (at least today's) level graphics is taking alot of time and work.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:50 pm

ryacko wrote:I suspect much of the gameplay for subversion has been completed. However I guess getting the game to standard (at least today's) level graphics is taking alot of time and work.

I sincerely doubt that is the issue. IV have never much bothered with games that adhere to "modern standards" with regard to the quality of the graphics. Darwinia's look changed very little from the early alphas, and I'm pretty sure that I have never seen a screenshot of any version of Defcon which looked significantly different from the version released. My assumption would be that IV are working on gameplay and content far more than graphics.

xander
ryacko
level1
level1

Postby ryacko » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:07 pm

xander wrote:
ryacko wrote:I suspect much of the gameplay for subversion has been completed. However I guess getting the game to standard (at least today's) level graphics is taking alot of time and work.

I sincerely doubt that is the issue. IV have never much bothered with games that adhere to "modern standards" with regard to the quality of the graphics. Darwinia's look changed very little from the early alphas, and I'm pretty sure that I have never seen a screenshot of any version of Defcon which looked significantly different from the version released. My assumption would be that IV are working on gameplay and content far more than graphics.

xander

Subversion is fundamentally a different game however. There probably would be at least textures for wood, steel, and concrete. Even people may need textures (clothes, faces).
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Or they'll choose to continue with the aesthetic that just uses lousy wireframes and blue.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:44 pm

ryacko wrote:
xander wrote:

xander

Subversion is fundamentally a different game however. There probably would be at least textures for wood, steel, and concrete. Even people may need textures (clothes, faces).

I see absolutely no reason to believe that this is the case.

xander
StaticEngine
level1
level1

Postby StaticEngine » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:57 am

Seriously, what's going on with this game? Can I send you guys a check to complete it?
Eggman360
level0

Postby Eggman360 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Ye, I mean, it’s one thing to release a cryptic message saying this and that, and basically saying "Yes we're still alive" and I understand that they don't want to tell us every single step and feature, full of spoilers, but something, anything, even if it’s just an update every months, saying "Ok, the UI is done now, moving onto this or that" and that would be enough for most of us, it’s been months since anything of note or anything tangible has been said, we’re not asking for as much as the Development diary, but even the link the main page sends you to is form August 2010! This isn’t a rant, just a fan of you guys, you make fantastic games, and indie games always have MUCH more depth and content than the other money grabbing, huge companies. Indie games are the future, and this game will cement that into our minds, and I hope this secrecy is just to ensure there are no leaks and the main reason this game is taking so long, is because it will be one of the most amazing games ever, we’re your fans, we need something the chew on, otherwise, we all rip each other to pieces in the forums :P Keep up the good work guys, but please, some information would be nice :D
(Sorry for the 250 word essay : P)

Return to “Subversion”