Purchase "Alpha" Version

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

Would you like to pay to access "Alpha" version?

Yes
67%
Maybe
14%
No
19%

Total votes: 42
tel niasa
level1
level1

Re: Purchase "Alpha" Version

Postby tel niasa » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:04 pm

kiberkiller wrote:Hello,
I watched the Bank Heist Gameplay video and I thought that it's absolutely amazing. The game mixes 2 concepts I love most, Infrastructure and Tactics.
Then in the following conversation with my friend about it, we agreed that we'd absolutely LOVE to buy the game in it's current status.
I'm pretty sure there are many people out there who'll want to pay to play it (really, I can make a big list if needed).

I would be really glad to either pre-purchase the game right now for it's full price to test the development build or just pay something like 15 bucks to test it (and then buy the full game when it comes out).
What do you think folks?
I prefer this sort of game to the ones that involve running around and shooting randomly but personally, I'd just wait for them to release it and save money in the process.
Заремаколй юубални чу!
Godzil
level0

Postby Godzil » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:43 pm

I would love too to try it as alpha or beta version (and of course if it's some sort of pre-order that led to get the final version) you hold our breath since 2006 about this game, I praise a lot on it, thanks for all your work and communication :)
Bjartr
level0

Postby Bjartr » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:42 pm

I absolutely would buy the game now for access to current builds and as a preorder. One company that seems to be doing well with this model (I've preordered from them as well) is Wolfire Games and their game Overgrowth which they've offered weekly alpha build access to since it wasn't much more than a terrain viewer and it's currently an awesome and amazingly moddable ninja rabbit fighting game.
onarum
level0

Postby onarum » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:57 am

I would definitely pay for an alpha access, but in my case mostly to support Introversion, I bought all of their games and love em all.

This could be very good for them, bringing in a nice income to help things out, as it has been said, it worked for minecraft, even though it's little more than a glorified toy, not much of a game there yet.

Also whatever is there is VERY casual, so that's why it has made that much of a success I think, It's actually kind of a downer to think that fantastic games, such as Demons Souls for example, which is a full fledged AAA title with a whole team behind it and fantastic gameplay sold almost 10 times less then a "not quite game yet" made by a single guy using freely available tools and libraries at pretty much 0 cost (other then his time).

Of course doing this for Subversion would also bring a lot of problems, people with their ridiculous sense of entitlement would definitely be a nuisance to the devs, whining about lack of updates or broken features because of an update, complain about bugs and so on, I guess it's up for the IV guys to decide if it's worth doing I guess.
shivee
level0

Postby shivee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:58 am

I want to say yes but also no... :roll:

As someone mentioned, I wouldn't want the devs to lose focus or anything. BUT I think they should consider it as a safety net IF(lets hope not) they would have problems with economy. Maybe depending on modding tools too. I'm not sure how that will be done if it will be part of the complete game or a free download on the side.

I already owned Minecraft for some time and had a good experience with buying that before it was done but this also has to do with how the devs feel about releasing their unfinished work. I'm sure they would rather finished a more complete work they are happy with when they have worked on it for so long already.

Return to “Subversion”