Requirements for beta testers

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

Norger
level0

Requirements for beta testers

Postby Norger » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi, maybe it's too early to ask, but I would like know if there are prerequisites to become a beta tester. I have experience in c++ programming and I am accustomed to helping others with computer problems. So I can accurately describe errors and have a sense of what can be the cause of the error message. There is no better game in the hacking category as uplink. Perhaps it is interesting for the development of subversion to watch the flash game "The BANK ROBBER" by "youda GAMES".

I very much want to be a Beta Test of subversion.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:57 pm

There are no prerequisite requirements; you don't need to know programming, although it certainly helps.

All you need, is to be able to play the game, and report anything that is wrong with it, including spelling errors, crashes, glitches, etc.
You can also give feedback about the game itself and suggest gameplay changes. These are always read, but usually not implemented.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Norger
level0

Postby Norger » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:13 pm

A thousand thanks for the super fast response! How do I get to know that the beta version is ready and how to become I a beta tester?

If anyone is interested in the full version of the game "The BANK ROBBER" I've bought it for myself.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Norger wrote:How do I get to know that the beta version is ready

There'll be a post either here or on the blog from a member of IV stating so.

Norger wrote:and how to become I a beta tester?

In the past everyone had to fill in an application form.

Norger wrote:If anyone is interested in the full version of the game "The BANK ROBBER" I've bought it for myself.

What is it you're suggesting?
Last edited by Montyphy on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:30 pm

ninja
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Norger
level0

Thanks

Postby Norger » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Thanks for the reply, you two. Yes it is true, the wait is totally okay. What will be good takes time. It's just that I am really looking forward to the game - because it will probably be one of the best - in comparison to other games on the market, which in the build-up play are pretty much all the same.
Midnight
level1
level1

Postby Midnight » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:20 am

I've been waiting some 8 years for this game which started with nothing more then the name alone. If I were drunk enough I'd give up my left pinky finger tip to beta test for subversion.

I'm also a very dedicated aspiring indie game dev btw. Which means I won't be able to afford it otherwise :( :( :(
~Midnight~
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:13 pm

What you're working on now?
tel niasa
level1
level1

Postby tel niasa » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:33 am

xyzyxx wrote:There are no prerequisite requirements; you don't need to know programming, although it certainly helps.

All you need, is to be able to play the game, and report anything that is wrong with it, including spelling errors, crashes, glitches, etc.
You can also give feedback about the game itself and suggest gameplay changes. These are always read, but usually not implemented.

there's spelling mistakes in uplink that haven't been corrected yet.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:38 am

No, there aren't. Everything that appears to be a spelling mistake in IV games is, in fact, an easter egg for you to discover. Didn't you know?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Some are easter eggs, others are correct British spellings of the word which some Americans mistakenly identify as typos. :lol:
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
tel niasa
level1
level1

Postby tel niasa » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

xyzyxx wrote:Some are easter eggs, others are correct British spellings of the word which some Americans mistakenly identify as typos. :lol:

the misspelling I am referring to however is where colour has been spelt "color" :(
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Elaboration would be nice,[size=0]Zaphod's just this guy[/size] ya know?
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:33 pm

tel niasa wrote:there are spelling mistakes in uplink that haven't been corrected yet.

Fixed your mistake. :wink:
eat_pb
level0

Postby eat_pb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:40 am

tel niasa wrote:
xyzyxx wrote:Some are easter eggs, others are correct British spellings of the word which some Americans mistakenly identify as typos. :lol:

the misspelling I am referring to however is where colour has been spelt "color" :(

Cough...
That's how color is spelt in Britain. IRONY FTW

Return to “Subversion”