Infiltration

It's all in your head

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, DTNC Vicious

GreenRock
level4
level4

Infiltration

Postby GreenRock » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Is the city generator being tossed out the window? If Introversion is to KEEP the city generator, how will it be incorporated into this stealth, infiltration type game?
Feud
level5
level5

Re: Infiltration

Postby Feud » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:50 pm

GreenRock wrote:If Introversion is to KEEP the city generator, how will it be incorporated into this stealth, infiltration type game?

It's easy to sneak into places when the guards are distracted by a rampaging Godzilla.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Infiltration

Postby xander » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:05 pm

GreenRock wrote:Is the city generator being tossed out the window? If Introversion is to KEEP the city generator, how will it be incorporated into this stealth, infiltration type game?

I don't understand how an infiltration game is incompatible with a city generator. Perhaps you could explain your thinking?

xander
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:06 am

GreenRock: I'm pretty sure they're going to be procedurally generating missions for their procedurally generated city. While it may sound like they're starting to put elements together for a game written explicitly by the devs, I think they're really just getting the gameplay together with handwritten maps and then they're going to make nearly everything (from the city to the people to the buildings to the missions) procedurally generated.
Does this make sense?

Shwart!!
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:09 pm

No, how do they prevent boredom?
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:26 am

Maybe, when you select a floor of a building to invade, the stealth sequence will initiate. This will be used to achieve a bigger goal...
quickdan
level1
level1

Postby quickdan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Maybe it will be like Uplink, where if you get caught and fail a mission you have to leave town and find a new city to operate in. A procedurally generated city is a useful item to have to expand the game to different areas. Maybe having target buildings like Banks, Security Firms, Military Bases, where ever you want... maybe even a HQ to escape back to.
If there were only two games to play in the world, I would choose a text editor and a good C compiler.
Raventhorne
level1
level1

Postby Raventhorne » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:43 am

Shwart!! wrote:GreenRock: I'm pretty sure they're going to be procedurally generating missions for their procedurally generated city. While it may sound like they're starting to put elements together for a game written explicitly by the devs, I think they're really just getting the gameplay together with handwritten maps and then they're going to make nearly everything (from the city to the people to the buildings to the missions) procedurally generated.
Does this make sense?

Shwart!!
This sounds more like how it would wind up being

Return to “Subversion”