Prison Architect Update 2

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Prison Architect Update 2

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:48 pm

Prison Architect Update 2 has been released. Steam users will be automatically updated. Non-steam users can download the latest version from the builds page here:
http://www.prison-architect.com/builds.html

You need an active forum account to access the builds from our website. If you haven’t already done so, please register your game here to gain access to the builds, the private forums, the bug database and the wiki.
http://www.prison-architect.com/register

Here is our video demonstrating the new features:

Women's Prisons
You can now choose the gender of your prisoners in the "New Prison" screen.
Female prisoners have different needs and behave differently than male prisoners.

- Children : Some female prisoners are mothers of young babies (less than two years old)
and are entitled to look after their baby during their stay in your prison.
This requires some new facilities - often called "MBUs (Mother and Baby Units)"

- Family Cell : A new type of cell for mothers with babies only.
Similar to a normal cell, but also requires a Cot and an integrated Shower.
Nb these cells will never be assigned to female prisoners without babies.

- Nursery : A shared room for all mothers to live in, typically isolated from the rest of the prison.
Mothers will spend much of their time in this room with their babies.
Requires cots and play mats for the babies.

- Mothers will eat their meals in this room, so it also requires a serving table, benches etc.
Your kitchens will be assigned to cook meals for the nurseries as if they were canteens.

Modding API (continued)
- Added world and world cell data variables to the scripting API.
This includes getting the size of the world, time index, etc.
Setting these variables, however, is currently unsupported.

- A new interface scripting API has been included as well.
Mods can now add, remove, and change buttons in the BiographyWindow (shown when you select a non-prisoner object in the world), with callbacks to it's script.

- Modding in escape mode has also been improved by allowing player interaction on scripted objects.
A callback to the script is given when the player is close to an object and interacts with it.

- General performance enhancements, especially to laundry system.

New Translations
Danish, Dutch, Hungarian, Thai

Bug Fixes
- Needs.txt not loaded in correct order when using mods
- 0010162: [Gameplay] Surrendering in escape mode causes insane amounts of rep points / surrendering doesn't work
- 0010309: [Control & User Interface] [Prison Architect] Crash when opening confidential informant window

Stay up to date:
Subscribe to our Blog
Subscribe to our Youtube channel
Follow us on Twitter
Join our mailing list
Follow our twitch.tv livestream - we sometimes code live on twitch
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Re: Prison Architect Update 2

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:08 pm

FIRST POST!!! Yay.
Nice Update IV.
Good Job and Merry Christmas to you all!

Jasper
MFWIC
level2
level2

Postby MFWIC » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Pretty cool but it would have been nice to see some more bugs sorted out. My bunk bed prisons are descending into anarchy because of no clean uniforms.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:28 pm

i like it but i wanted a Mixed prisons like real life - male and female - some prisons exist for it - not all prisons have mother and baby units
1010todd
level0

Postby 1010todd » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Thai translation! Yay so happy never tought that this game will also translate to Thai, and merry chrismas!
JohnRambo27
level0

Postby JohnRambo27 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:27 pm

All my prisoners now look like school busses, Staff are arm chairs, in fact most of my objects now are all wrong what happened? I have shower heads which are physcologists. All sorts of werid stuff

My guards all have upside down prisoners in there hands.

Here is a video of my prison i loaded it up right after the update... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aN6ViM ... e=youtu.be

EDIT: Now running 0 mods and done a fresh install but it's still the same. All the menu icons are random objects too. All the files look fine, everything was fine last night i can't be the only one! lol
Last edited by JohnRambo27 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duhad
level0

Postby Duhad » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Love the update, but can you please let us mark our 'name in game' prisoners gender? As a woman, I sorta would like the option to have that actually represented in game.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
commissar0617
level0

Postby commissar0617 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:04 pm

JohnRambo27 wrote:All my prisoners now look like school busses, Staff are arm chairs, in fact most of my objects now are all wrong what happened? I have shower heads which are physcologists. All sorts of werid stuff

My guards all have upside down prisoners in there hands.

Here is a video of my prison i loaded it up right after the update... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aN6ViM ... e=youtu.be

EDIT: Now running 0 mods and done a fresh install but it's still the same. All the menu icons are random objects too. All the files look fine, everything was fine last night i can't be the only one! lol

same, roughly. all my visitor tables are guards... looks liek a sprite issue?
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Nice update, good work IV!

Chris wrote:- General performance enhancements, especially to laundry system.

Especially glad to hear this, since it's the main reason I haven't been playing at all for quite some time now, maybe I'll pick the game up again, will try my low-FPS prisons soon to see how much better they perform.

Just a shout to Ryan if he's reading this, you absolutely HAVE to reopen the face in the game tier, we need 100 female faces in the game as well! :D
EmilFr
level0

Postby EmilFr » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Could you please publish the worldcell mod on Steam workshop? It's not there right now, unless I'm totally blind....
mikeydunn69
level0

Postby mikeydunn69 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi guys. Should GOG have the update already for MAC users? No mention of Update 2 yet.

Cheers. Absolutely love the game!!
JohnRambo27
level0

Postby JohnRambo27 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:38 pm

Here is a clearer video of what is happening to me since update 2, Any help would be appreciated :) It's kinda unplayable right now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM4wJ4J ... e=youtu.be
HellWatcher
level0

Postby HellWatcher » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:23 am

Is there age progression for the babies at all? I know most lowsec prisoners won't be in prison long enough to matter.
Chimerat
level0

Postby Chimerat » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:13 pm

mikeydunn69 wrote:Hi guys. Should GOG have the update already for MAC users? No mention of Update 2 yet.

Update 2 isn't up on GOG for anyone yet. MAC or otherwise.

Really feeling great about the choice to repurchase the game on GOG, guys. I don't want to risk messing up my save by swapping between GOG and "Alpha Build" page versions...
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Chimerat wrote:
mikeydunn69 wrote:Hi guys. Should GOG have the update already for MAC users? No mention of Update 2 yet.

Update 2 isn't up on GOG for anyone yet. MAC or otherwise.

Really feeling great about the choice to repurchase the game on GOG, guys. I don't want to risk messing up my save by swapping between GOG and "Alpha Build" page versions...

if you already purchased - you can get from Builds page which has Update 2 there

Return to “Introversion Blog”