The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Taxen2
level1
level1

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 36

Postby Taxen2 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:13 pm

Great update guys!
Now just a bit of whining from me.....
Please consider turning up the dials for gang leaders and gang members to come into prisons. After a month of play I haven't gotten one gang leader which was disappointing. I expected/wanted the gangs to cause havoc, but they aren't at the moment.

Anyway again great stuff, the new system should be fun.
Freebo
level1
level1

Postby Freebo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Woop! The Carpentry program is fixed! Suddenly had 180 prisoners now interested in it! Oh and I can now use shops which are now making over $1k a day :D
sprouts1116
level0

Postby sprouts1116 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Make your export size 3 squares when starting the game. 1x3 is the minimum. YOu can regulate your logs leaving the prison. Increase export size when you start making beds or need more cash...
manky
level0

Postby manky » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:40 am

After first kitchen fire prisoners dont working in the kitchen why???
Lobsta959
level1
level1

Postby Lobsta959 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:15 pm

ronnie4444 wrote:
Fahrenheit wrote:My "potato" withstand theft auto 5 (not an advertisement) without any lags. But PA acceleration x3 is like a real time: 1 minute ingame = 1 sec of real life with just 300 prisoners and 150 staff.
I play this game from the Alpha 8 and the only obstacle for purchase is such awful speed (though "potato" have a lot of free resources!). The game is good but I have to wait for 7-8 minutes of night in game, doing other things.
Firstly I thought it's only my "potato", but I saw earlier complains of other players. And every alpha I wait for optimization. Now it's time for release.
Maybe I'm not right, than please advise me how to accelerate this game - and I will be one more customer of this really interesting project. And this will be useful not only for me for sure.

It's quite a shame, really.

I can run a 460 prisoner/350 staff prison on my AMD A6 laptop at 25 FPS.

It runs at 45FPS on my gaming laptop, Intel i7 4510U/NVidia 840M GeForce.

I have a feeling that you are exaggerating about being able to run a 3D graphics-intensive open world game faster than you can run a 2D top-down prison builder.

EDIT: My point is as follows: Prison Architect does not need any more optimizations - It has already had several updates with massive performance improvements. Go buy a good computer before complaining that prison architect doesn't run well on your potatoware.

This "potato" computer talk is more like a flame war, people really, fighting of FPS and performance! Yeah some people can't afford Gaming Laptops/Desktops, but they end up better financially because of the charging of those gaming computers! My computer isn't a gaming laptop but still can play some games 50FPS sometimes and the lowest I've seen is 12FPS.
landon1013
level0

Postby landon1013 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:14 pm

tandpastatester wrote:
- Logs will now be automatically exported, unless EITHER
- You have at least one carpenters table
- OR You have a running carpentry program
Nb. This obviously requires an Exports zone near the road.

Does anyone understand what this means, and what is changed in the game? Since the last update it seems less wood is being cut by my workshop, and more wood is being directly exported from the forestry. This results in less profits, and more clogging in the delivery/export zone since there are so many small stacks of logs to be carried into trucks.

I do have a couple of carpentry tables AND a carpentry program but still only a small bit of the forestry is sent to the workshop to be cut. Before, I remember all wood was being cut before sold which raised the value of the wood even without using carpentry.

As I understand it, logs that were cut down after creating an object over them were never moved unless you had workshop/carpenters table. What they are saying is now if you don't have a carpenters table they will be moved directly to exports instead of just lying around (which in my opinion was VERY annoying when that would happen and I am glad for the change) However I have not tested the latest update to know whether it is working properly or not I'm just explaining how I took the update notes.

Return to “Introversion Blog”