Prison Architect Alpha 32

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Mark
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Prison Architect Alpha 32

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:11 pm

A couple of months ago we announced that we are going to finish Prison Architect in 2015. We've been working hard to fulfil that promise and as a result of April's bug bash we're happy to pin that down further and confirm that Prison Architect will be released in quarter four (Oct / Nov / Dec) 2015!

The team have smashed the previous bug fix record and submitted over 130 fixes and whilst that means that we don't have a content update for you this month, we hope you appreciate the stability, speed and simulation quality of the new build. Normal service will resume next month and please continue to log any issues that you may discover.

In other news we are trying to build our facebook engagement so if you have a moment, please head over and like our page.

You need an active forum account to access the builds from our website. If you haven’t already done so, please register your game here to gain access to the builds, the private forums, the bug database and the wiki.
http://www.prison-architect.com/register

Here is our video demonstrating the new features:

Death Row continued:
- A new item in the TODO list shows you the current status of your Death Row prisoners (chance of clemency)
- New game over event : Criminal Miscarriage of Justice. Occurs if you execute an inmate who is later exonerated of the crime (Nb. Will not happen if you have reduced his chance of clemency below the legal threshold)

- The lawyer can now provide a last line of legal defense.
If you are on warning (Eg too many deaths in one day), and you fear you will not be able to meet the requirements to avoid being fired, you can use your Lawyer to avert the Game Over event.
Nb. Can only be used once.

= BUG FIXES

- 0008706: [Save & Load] Autosave text is hard to see (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008675: [Save & Load] Text Inputs don't work - Save Game Menu broken (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008712: [Control & User Interface] [Regression] Dismantle utility one by one (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0003059: [Other] two of the same kind building arent supported very well (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0005122: [Gameplay] Wood is not sold if carpenter tables are in the prison (solution suggested!) (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0007271: [AI & Behaviour] Kitchen staff won't properly dispose of food trays, which accumulates and creates a major blockade (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0004101: [Control & User Interface] Programs starting or ending at noon show as 12am instead of 12pm (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0003780: [AI & Behaviour] Logs get sent to Exports on load (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0006323: [Graphics] Superior Beds are un-crated when moved from exports to trucks (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0001846: [Sound] Master Volume 0 is at Max volume (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0008347: [Gameplay] Execution Detail won't leave prisoner's cell when execution area full of lights (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0008456: [Control & User Interface] Cancelling utility cancels foundation first (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0002217: [AI & Behaviour] 2 kitchens cause cooks to run between the two unproductively. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0003967: [Gameplay] trays and pots with 1 cooked ingredient don't get used (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0003326: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoner Uniforms stay in (staff only?) delivery area (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008647: [Control & User Interface] Cctv, phone and door control wires problem. (achurch) - resolved.
- 0001834: [AI & Behaviour] Cooks have bad priorities for getting food (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008598: [Control & User Interface] clone tool behaving weird when on copy mode (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008455: [Control & User Interface] Completing tutorial (ESC?!?!) (achurch) - resolved.
- 0001863: [AI & Behaviour] Chefs will start a new batch of food before another one fills up, filling cooker slots unnecessarily (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007734: [Gameplay] Cooks not preparing food in all kitchens (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008545: [Gameplay] Utilites screen (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008438: [Performance] Planning Tool Crashes (achurch) - resolved.
- 0007961: [AI & Behaviour] Food Distribution network not identifying Demand for staggered second midnight meal sitting. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008196: [Gameplay] Person can be put back on death row after clemancy. (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0007164: [AI & Behaviour] Cooks taking trays to kitchens around the prison (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0003964: [AI & Behaviour] Cooks work although there is no kitchen defined (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008138: [AI & Behaviour] You can execute already executed prisoners (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008137: [AI & Behaviour] Reading prisoners will not follow lock down during execution (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0002559: [Control & User Interface] "Remove tunnels" material can be placed multiple times (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0008437: [Control & User Interface] [TABLET] Controls on the Intake screen non-responsive, intake cannot be changed (achurch) - resolved.
- 0007148: [AI & Behaviour] Janitors will not deliver laundry to cell blocks if there is a different security designation in the way (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007072: [AI & Behaviour] Staggered Eat sessions don't run smoothly (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0005435: [Gameplay] Ingredients (Cooking) are getting move to Storage (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007829: [AI & Behaviour] Cooks do not prepare enough food due to food in storage (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008591: [Control & User Interface] Bureaucracy menu doesn't scale correctly (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008501: [Control & User Interface] Cannot see prisoner count (achurch) - resolved.
- 0001347: [Other] Multiple copies of a prisoner's family arrive at the same time (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0002070: [Control & User Interface] UI Indicators for Research Requirements (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0004223: [Gameplay] Single hire staff members can be hired more than once when the game is paused (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0008191: [Gameplay] Prisoners with indefinate solitary/lockdown cannot be released (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0008600: [Graphics] Utilities mode when launching tutorial (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0004572: [AI & Behaviour] Cooks take food to the staffroom (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008538: [Sound] Audio does not work after an Alarm from the Clock app (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008334: [Control & User Interface] Permanent Punishment is difficult to revoke (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008486: [Control & User Interface] Screen sensitivity too high (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008518: [Control & User Interface] Reports button also interacting with placing objects or materials (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008458: [Platform Specific Issues] CEO's letter crash (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008185: [Gameplay] Properly conducted execution gives penalty in Valuation tab (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0003320: [Performance] Prison Architect Crashes upon launch (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0004466: [Save & Load] Game crash when opening the language tab in the menu (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0008503: [Control & User Interface] You can't reopen the keyboard in the "Names in game tab" (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008548: [Graphics] Bureaucracy menu blue progress bars [Tablet] (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008495: [Control & User Interface] Bureaucracy, research information persists onscreen after exiting menu (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008494: [Control & User Interface] Clear Rooms selection creating its own room (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008419: [Control & User Interface] Unable to buy items after opening bureaucracy (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008462: [Control & User Interface] IPad version Home menu button still shows the (Esc) shortcut (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008549: [Control & User Interface] Player prompted to go to press 'H' (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008474: [Gameplay] Game crashes or lags IPAD Version (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008416: [Control & User Interface] Death notification does not locate the death (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008465: [Control & User Interface] Close / X button sizes different (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008413: [Control & User Interface] Options menu, "Time Lapse" appears but does nothing (achurch) - resolved.
- 0005458: [Gameplay] Prison Uniform (Dirty) not getting cleaned (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008573: [Other] Survey link in news feed doesn't work (achurch) - resolved.
- 0007263: [AI & Behaviour] The janitors are avoiding cleaning cells that are under lockup. (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0005822: [AI & Behaviour] Lockup for one security level affects shared as well (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0008487: [Graphics] Windowed Mode Graphics Option (achurch) - resolved.
- 0008434: [Control & User Interface] Overwrite save game dialog is too small (half the size) (achurch) - resolved.
- 0001603: [Gameplay] Prisoners throw dirty clothing into walls (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0001400: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners walk out of prison (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0002003: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners escape, when unloading food from truck. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0002344: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners who work in the kitchen escape (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008454: [Save & Load] Loading non-existing save file "freezes" game (achurch) - resolved.
- 0004694: [Save & Load] Crash when i click on the saved game to load it. (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0007769: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners not released if their sentence is served before they are taken to their cell (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0005066: [AI & Behaviour] Workers not hauling from trucks. (when delivery area needs cleaning) (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0006987: [Graphics] Phone Tap light not correctly placed after rotation (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0005005: [AI & Behaviour] no job to transport to lockdown for holding cell prisoners (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0001716: [AI & Behaviour] Prisioners will not go to sleep (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0002403: [AI & Behaviour] Cooks fill up Fridges outside Kitchen (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0000249: [AI & Behaviour] Time Warp Factor doesn't work in bureaucracy (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0000213: [Gameplay] Room size requirement only checked on tile bounding box. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007681: [Control & User Interface] ToDo list says I have 10 visitors in 40 groups (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0000925: [Gameplay] Unassigning room tiles does not trigger requirement revalidation (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0000214: [Gameplay] Rooms can be made up of disconnected tiles (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0000372: [Gameplay] Placing walls does not subdivide existing rooms (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008387: [AI & Behaviour] [exploit?] cookers/fridges not needed to feed 1200 all-solitary prisoners (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0004517: [Control & User Interface] Can not (directly) dump Laundry Baskets (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0001679: [Gameplay] Wall and door on the same tile (door blocked by wall) (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0006207: [AI & Behaviour] Janitors will not do laundry if there is "staff only" access to the laundry room despite them being staff. (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0008390: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners take Laundry basket from Reception (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0006925: [Save & Load] You can sell your prison after it has already been sold (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0003772: [Gameplay] Riot guards get purchased body armour (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0007697: [Gameplay] Forestry is built inside newly built foundations and trees planted (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0003365: [AI & Behaviour] If there is a tree in delivery area, can't start map (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0007145: [AI & Behaviour] Items wont unload from truck (when building on the delivery zone) (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0007055: [Gameplay] Workers won't leave truck if foundation is to be built over delivery area (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0000422: [Gameplay] Clone tool allows you to copy rooms when you don't have the money for it (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0006625: [Gameplay] Forestry on Road (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0007623: [Graphics] Prayer mat look weird when against a wall (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007466: [Gameplay] Unlimited money through shares (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0003845: [Control & User Interface] Selling Shares Bug (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0008391: [AI & Behaviour] Searched Uniforms in reception get taken to Laundry (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0008392: [AI & Behaviour] Dead entity doesn't drop job (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0007294: [Control & User Interface] Every other right mouse click is ignored (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0003462: [Gameplay] Armed Guard limit increased by uninstalled lockers (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0005757: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners "exercising" in giant clump in canteen (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0002668: [Control & User Interface] Unable to remove tunnel at edge of map (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0008336: [Other] Crash on starting Introduction (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0005659: [Control & User Interface] Cannot disconnect CCTV or Remote Door Servo from Utilities Screen (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0008259: [Gameplay] Adding punishment to a permanent lockdown/solitary prisoner results in over 8000 hours of punishment (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0006878: [Control & User Interface] Lack of staff results in misleading error message when trying to use a tool (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0008065: [Gameplay] [Tutorial] Edward's cell occupied by newly arrived prisoner (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0007703: [Graphics] When loading up a prison and entering bureaucracy, there is a visual bug with unstarted research (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0008139: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors try to heal dead Prisoners an get stucked (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008213: [Gameplay] You can build drains on walls (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0008094: [AI & Behaviour] AI Paths everyone weirdly round drains (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0003375: [AI & Behaviour] Placement of visitor table and other objects does not clear planning indicator (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0004487: [Control & User Interface] Pathway planning markers won´t disappear (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0000246: [Gameplay] Delivery Trucks that cannot deliver will charge you again each time they retry (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0006950: [Gameplay] Ingredients not being delivered to kitchens that need them (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008156: [AI & Behaviour] Execution Detail pathing failure (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008157: [AI & Behaviour] Doctors are stuck in a loop, healing starving prisoners forever. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008257: [Control & User Interface] No error message when attempting to start an execution with no execution room (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008136: [AI & Behaviour] Priest, warden & chief freeze on execution screen (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0007137: [Control & User Interface] Typing W, A, S or D into the Object Search Bar Shouldn't Move the Camera (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0007365: [AI & Behaviour] Prisoners handcuffed for no reason on entering canteen (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0004433: [Gameplay] Security in Diplomacy allows stationing of guards without Deployment researched (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008232: [Gameplay] Can Assign work to prisoners without prison labour if you have micromanagement (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0008233: [Control & User Interface] Lawyers have an outdated description. (Icepick) - resolved.
- 0004914: [AI & Behaviour] Cannot remove tunnels on the road (FCExB) - resolved.
- 0007626: [Control & User Interface] Prison Labour assigning too fast/sensitive (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0007942: [Control & User Interface] Crash in Timelapse Options (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0007926: [AI & Behaviour] Activating bangup makes bus drop prisoners in place (lim_ak) - resolved.
- 0008097: [Control & User Interface] Skip button in cutscenes moves with camera (lim_ak) - resolved.
raiisak
level0

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 32

Postby raiisak » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:35 pm

wow, just realized how loong I been a member here! Keep it up boys :D
CumpyLustard
level2
level2

Postby CumpyLustard » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:59 pm

That was a pretty interesting discussion about Star Wars.

Oh, the PA update is nice too! 8)
JackPS9
level0

Postby JackPS9 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 pm

So let me get this correct, you want to go from Alpha to Release in like 6 months?
What about Beta?
uglyduckling81
level0

Postby uglyduckling81 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Alpha-Release in 6 months?
Have you been keeping up with how this development is going bro.
This is a perfect example of how game development should be run. Regular monthly updates, quality videos outlining the major changes, not rushing the release date.
They have also had at least 2 major bug bashes, a month long each.
Alpha is adding new content which is almost complete.
Beta is polish and bug fixing which has been done a lot already during the Alpha.
If this game released tomorrow it would be more polished than 99% of game I have purchased in the last 10 years.
They have had the assistance of a really good community to collate all the bugs for them to keep the reports useful and identifiable.
They shouldn't of talked about Star Wars though. I want everything in the new movie to be a surprise for me like the prequels were. I went to painstaking lengths to avoid all information leading into Episode 1 and am doing the same now for Episode 7.
LegendCZ
level0

Postby LegendCZ » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:51 pm

Last things i still miss in the game:
-Prisoners are able to make money and spend it in prison.
-Guard Towers and such to make more sure about prisoners to get under control or when they trying to escape.
-Schelude on searching the cells with option of 10% to not find a "Hole" to make it bit ballanced.
-Random events like mayor come to prison and give frogivnes to prison or Mafia attack or some help from outside.
-Make Books somehow "Usefull" and more easy way for get an informant but i think a phone recording is fair enought.
These are things i could thing of right now but as it is its also perfect i am really satisfied with my buy :)
IndigoFire
level0

Postby IndigoFire » Fri May 01, 2015 4:59 am

Regarding LegendCZ's post above... I, too would really like to see Guard tower capability, I don't know how complex multiple floors would be, but the tower issue and ability to build tiered cell blocks, etc. would be very interesting. The ideas of outside attacks/visitors is something inherent to real prisons, would seem to be not to hard to implement that.

Adding a commissary room and ability of prisoners to have accounts filled by visitors/outsiders and maybe working would be useful... I am curious about allowing for inside "economy" systems, prisoners being able to trade contraband or legit items - Current contraband already covers this, but prisoners stashing/hoarding items could create more intricate social roles between the prisoners and maybe even the staff... Not that I really want to have to deal with crooked staff, but would give the Chief, Warden, or supervisors more activities handling investigations. That said, a rank system amongst guards could be useful. I think I'll quit rambling.

Awesome mass clearing of bugs, almost all I was planning to report are listed as cleared, I can't fathom what it took to accomplishing this much sorting out in the last month.
This being my actual first post, I wanted to say the development procedures and way of operating You all do for these games is wonderful, I wish I had joined the Alphas earlier. =)
HarryDresden
level0

Postby HarryDresden » Fri May 01, 2015 1:27 pm

I'm excited to see the final release of PA at the end of the year. Great job as always guys.
Deville
level1
level1

Postby Deville » Fri May 01, 2015 3:09 pm

- 0005822: [AI & Behaviour] Lockup for one security level affects shared as well (FCExB) - resolved.

If this does what I think it does, I can finally play the game again after the introduction of security levels. Good to read. :D
Sinnik
level0

Postby Sinnik » Fri May 01, 2015 8:40 pm

I've been waiting for a bug bash for over 4 months thinking they would finally fix the memory leak issue where the game hiccups every 5 - 10 seconds if you have a large prison with over 1500 cells. I started the game, but it still lags. Can you fix this issue? I find it hard to believe that my new gaming MSI laptop that is able to play ALL of the latest games on their highest setting is unable to handle a 100 mb game. Please make this your priority next.. Small prisons are boring.
JareX
level0

Postby JareX » Sun May 03, 2015 1:04 am

First I have to say that for me this is the perfect example of how an early access game should be run.

Second, I have spend almost 200 hours into the game. So I have to thank and hate you for that because thats a lot of time wasted/had fun with :P

Finally, if you are going to release the game I was hoping you to add a "campaign" mode to the game. I imagined that the Alpha would be about adding features and bugfixing and that the beta stage would be about adding campaign mode and missions/challenges.

Will we see campaign mode in the game?
CommandoX55
level0

Postby CommandoX55 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:41 am

I would really
LegendCZ wrote:Last things i still miss in the game:
-Prisoners are able to make money and spend it in prison.
-Guard Towers and such to make more sure about prisoners to get under control or when they trying to escape.
-Schelude on searching the cells with option of 10% to not find a "Hole" to make it bit ballanced.
-Random events like mayor come to prison and give frogivnes to prison or Mafia attack or some help from outside.
-Make Books somehow "Usefull" and more easy way for get an informant but i think a phone recording is fair enought.
These are things i could thing of right now but as it is its also perfect i am really satisfied with my buy :)

Yes I would really like it if random events happened like if mafia could come in. I would also think it would be cool if a hierarchy kind of prisoner system. (eg, there are gangs that form inside the prison and gang fights can occur between the gangs, and each gang has their leader/s which is strong.) I think these would be very good additions to the game. Good game so far :D
say_hey
level0

Postby say_hey » Sat May 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Hey i can make my UI smaller but to make it bigger i tried many things also look in the main data, but that didn't work out cause of the code. :!:
the + key on Numpad and normal keyboard dind't do their thin i'm from switzerland and have a german keyboard. pls help me its unplayable

Return to “Introversion Blog”