Prison Architect Alpha 29

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Arailies
level1
level1

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 29

Postby Arailies » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:18 pm

LennyLeak wrote:As a PC player I am also unhappy about the iPad thing. I would hope for the game to be 1.0 before going for conversion.

Yes that is certainly true, Mr Morris.........please do get that daemon cat to attack chris so he gets the PC version "finished" as you say on alpha and then let him get the non-PC version sorted. And again, please get female staff and prisoners to satisfy the female gamers, they may want to get face in the game and such...... :evil:
Stupidome
level0

Postby Stupidome » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:37 pm

I'm new here and didn't go through the whole forum, in fact, I only played the game for like 20 hours so I hardly know the basics. But I do want to comment the update considering the Delivery-area.
I think it is weird that prisoners get delivered there and come in the same truck as groceries or materials. It would be nice to see a real 'prison bus' and in stead of putting the new inmates in the delivery-area they should go to a Booking-room (or in a way reallife inmates go: https://www.gov.uk/life-in-prison/arriving-at-prison). After they followed this procedure they should go to the holding cell or cell.
A second idea is a new labor: making clothes. A program is needed to learn the job, a room with sewing machines and a place to store fabric.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Thanks for the update guys!

Cheers!
MasacruAlex
level0

Postby MasacruAlex » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Great update. I like the spiritual add to it a lot.
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Really though, after doing more math, I strongly believe that system is OP, and can either make or break your prison - meaning it's impossible to go into without going into it fully and riding that coaster, or not doing it and potentially pissing off all your prisoners depending on if they made it to where they'd get mad if you didn't do it.

imagine those 83 prisoners lined up for parole in the alpha video... if half of them made it, you'd get, like, 120k or something - if half of them were let out but half of that didn't make it, you'd lose loads of money

This can be easily fixed with a nerf - instead of 3k and 10k, have it 1k and 5k. You may think those are little numbers, but they will add up to a quick bonus, while if you fail still having an impact, just less of a huge extreme. That is all I can describe the parole feature as right now, "a bit extreme".

Potentially the religious one too, if -every- prisoner gets a religious need, like stated in my previous comment on page one. Not even all people of religion need a religious place to pray, so again.. I hope.

But enough hoping! Time to try it out. If you don't see me post within [s]1[/s] 2 months, It's probably because the worst case scenario happened for me, and I've been crying about this 'extreme' update the whole time.
Stupidome
level0

Postby Stupidome » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Stupidome wrote:I'm new here and didn't go through the whole forum, in fact, I only played the game for like 20 hours so I hardly know the basics. But I do want to comment the update considering the Delivery-area.
I think it is weird that prisoners get delivered there and come in the same truck as groceries or materials. It would be nice to see a real 'prison bus' and in stead of putting the new inmates in the delivery-area they should go to a Booking-room (or in a way reallife inmates go: https://www.gov.uk/life-in-prison/arriving-at-prison). After they followed this procedure they should go to the holding cell or cell.
A second idea is a new labor: making clothes. A program is needed to learn the job, a room with sewing machines and a place to store fabric.

And thinking of it, maybe the possibility to make cellblocks and a schedule for each of them. So block 1 and 2 eat at 7 am, block 3 and 4 at 8 am, etc. Now you can only do it for minimum, medium, maximum prisoners.
mike santoz
level0

Postby mike santoz » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:02 pm

If you place a fence vertically and when you place a door between these fences, the fences switch to horizontal. it looks horrible, please fix it?
sebastiannielsen
level2
level2

Postby sebastiannielsen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:26 am

One thing that is a bit unclear, is in which way the slider works.

If I set it to 0%, will 0% of prisoners be denied parole, or will 0% be allowed parole? (assuming a flat reoffending profile on all prisoners)

The labels 0% and 100% should be changed to "Approve all" and "Deny all" instead, so when the slider is in the middle, it will display 1% to 99%, but when the slider is put to the very ends of the gauge, the label should change into "Approve all" or "Deny all". Making it more clear.
ElSalvaje
level1
level1

Postby ElSalvaje » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:38 am

sebastiannielsen wrote:One thing that is a bit unclear, is in which way the slider works.

If I set it to 0%, will 0% of prisoners be denied parole, or will 0% be allowed parole? (assuming a flat reoffending profile on all prisoners)

The labels 0% and 100% should be changed to "Approve all" and "Deny all" instead, so when the slider is in the middle, it will display 1% to 99%, but when the slider is put to the very ends of the gauge, the label should change into "Approve all" or "Deny all". Making it more clear.

Is pretty clear to me. Don't know how to explain it better than this: http://imgur.com/08Xuhlc
MattHawke
level0

Postby MattHawke » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:39 pm

Nice update. I'd like to echo the others and say I'd rather see the PC version hit full release before working on ports to other platforms.

Chapel seems to be working great, neat addition.

Parole is giving me trouble. I have a closed off room, visitors table, path seems to be clear (I can see how prisoners can get there w/ allowed areas - even tried unlocking everything). Warden and Chief get there fine, but they stay there. Don't have any prisoners seemingly going there for hearings, though I have it in the program to do so and there's now 22 interested. First time I removed the Parole room my staff went back to their offices. This time though they're staying in the room, not researching.

CCTV also seems to still be giving me some trouble. I don't know if maybe I'm not understanding the connections or what, but I have under the 8 CCTVs and can't seem to get more than one or two of them connected.

Loving the update overall, though!
MaxKool
level0

Postby MaxKool » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Most everything seems to be working well for me.

But the parole system is doing some odd things.

1) I have to book multiple sessions all day to get the guys to the room.
2) When they get there they just sit around waiting for the lawyer who NEVER shows up. Ive had 3 cons just go back to the population with 2% reoffend.

any help?
tora75
level0

Postby tora75 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:15 pm

I also agree that working on a port with PA still in Alpha on PC seems silly. I understand from a business perspective this may yield an injection of cash, but continuing to polish up your current product will probably yield the same injection via more PC Alpha players, move closer to completion, keep your current players happy, and continue to garner interest in a port down the road.

I also concur with a few folks above. Waiting for gangs to be implemented (maybe somehow tied to the family need?). Some prisoners don't have families via their bio and perhaps gang affiliation or friendships with other inmates would fulfill the family need. Those who aren't gang members sill tend to make friends in prison, and it would be interesting to see inmates back each other when attacked by other inmates or work with each other to smuggle contraband (similar to digging tunnels in teams).

There is also an opportunity for additional guard training here. Perhaps a gang task force? Tying this to the gangs feature, tracking down leaders and dealing with them... that would be a pretty cool mini-game.

An additional "wish" would be maybe more fleshing out of the guard staff. Attributes for them as well. In their current state, they are too disposable. I think there is still much to explore with guards and how they affect gameplay.

At any rate, thanks for reading and for the great game thus far.

Cheers!
SueBentley
level0

Postby SueBentley » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Its all really good stuff but there is a small think I have wanted for ages. Please may we have a choice of bed cover colours?

thanks

Abbii
WiseWoodrow
level2
level2

Postby WiseWoodrow » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:14 am

..Oh, and you have to build a new prison to get the new needs?... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You wouldn't believe it from my devotion to this game, but I hate designing prisons. Mostly because I have no creative flow whatsoever. Actually pretty much entirely that.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:31 am

I think the new needs will apply for new prisoner arrivals, but not to the current prisoners. I'm not sure on this though.

Return to “Introversion Blog”