Prison Architect Alpha 23

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
MoOoOoH
level0

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 23

Postby MoOoOoH » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Hey

changelog is nice. But i have serious issue with that new version.

I just started a new game with that new version.
When they are going to shower, they are not naked anymore, and i can't see the water anymore.
Same in the kitchen, they don't touch the food at all. The food is on the serving tables, there are tables and benches, but they just stand still here, and don't eat.

I can see that when open the "needs" panel, only 3 are currently "active" : familiy, environment, and alcohol.

I thing there is a bug somewhere.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:19 pm

MoOoOoH: It is likely that a bug reported in this thread will quickly get swamped with on-topic comments about the new alpha. Rather than replying to a blog post, you might have more success if you post on the developer forum or create a bug report in the tracker.

xander
Kver
level0

Postby Kver » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:19 pm

My mind is exploding with possibiities right now. I'm almost daring you to make a dedicated menu *just* for connecitons and automation. Even though I haven't gotten to play this update yet, I already have requests because YAY POSSIBILITIES. I'm a total circut junkie in minecraft / LittleBigPlanet, this has officially pushed my button.

Emergency Buttons
Emergency Buttons which could be used by staff and/or inmates in various situations, with two types: "Medical emergency" and "Panic". Medical emergency buttons would be pressed by staff or inmates if someone nearby is injured. Panic buttons would be pressed by staff or inmates if they felt threatened, or if there's a fight. They might spawn an optional alert. Once a button is pushed it might take some time before being re-set. Disgruntled prisonsers may occasionally hit these buttons without an emergency, or target entities going to these buttons.

Electronic Power Switches
Control the on/off state of a power cable switch via an input. (A reverse of the current power switch / connection setup); could be used to cut off large sections of the prison. For example, a timer could cut power to the workshop in off-hours (it's good to be green!)

Door Alarms / Triggers
Sends a signal when the door it's attached to is opened. Operates like a triggered servo, only it triggers when the door is manually opened. Might have a setting to trigger only if a door is being forced open.

PA Boxes / Pagers
When triggered by an input it will call for staff members (guards, cooks, etc) in certian numbers (1/2/3/all). For example, panic buttons or metal detectors could be paired with a PA box to request guards when trigerred. Medical Emergency buttons could be paired to a PA which calls medical staff. A timer could PA cleaning staff to the canteen directly after meal time if players really wanted to micro-manage.

Alarms
Would trigger trigger lockdowns, inspections, shakedowns, or just spawn a custom alert for the player. Panic buttons or forced door alarms could be connected to alarms.

Motion Detectors
CCTVs' little brother. Outputs a signal when motion is trigerred in front of it. Outdoor motion detectors will have a random chance of triggering (squirrel! leaf!); Might have a "sensitivity" setting, on low sensitivity it won't trigger false positives, but will have limited effective range, on high sensitivity it will have longer range but trigger a large number of false positives.

Heat Sensor (indoor only)
Much more accurate than motion detectors, emitting a constant signal when people are in the same room.

Misc
- Give metal detectors and sprinklers outputs.
- Give anything which requires power inputs.

I don't know why, but suddenly I'm obsessed with making a 'green prison' using automation.
XxXxVxXxX
level0

Postby XxXxVxXxX » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:39 am

Wow ... all those new features o.o

Is it just me or have the kitchen sinks always needed a water connection?
Deathcorn112
level0

Postby Deathcorn112 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:52 am

I love it but i got a problem don't know what is going on but i cannot see the new stuff it is invisible to me! is is just me or is it like this for other people?
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:27 am

Deathcorn112 wrote:I love it but i got a problem don't know what is going on but i cannot see the new stuff it is invisible to me! is is just me or is it like this for other people?

The new electrical objects are in the Utilities menu, and must be researched in the bureaucracy screen before they can be used. The remote door is found in the objects menu.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:56 am

I nearly died at the end of the video when Chris and Mark realize that there's a field of chained up prisoners with nothing better to do than watch the clock circuit. The piss, poo, and puke everywhere was a nice touch.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:22 am

Astounded by this release. Subversion lives!
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:41 am

ronanc wrote:Subversion lives!

That's exactly what I thought. Kinda gives my prisoner's bio an ironic note now:
For some reason, I can't use the "img" BBCode... Here's a link instead.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 am

Random question Chris, are these servos based off the Uplink LAN's?
Antho071
level0

Postby Antho071 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Brilliant stuff!
Looks like you had fun with those logic gates.. :)

One question (I haven't tried Alpha 23 yet), can road gates be controlled remotely?

Thanks!
Medu_Salem
level1
level1

Postby Medu_Salem » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Pvt_Ryan wrote:Haven't tried looked yet but I wonder if it is possible to set up an airlock?
If inner door is open then close outer door. If inner door is closed open outer door...

Only by abusing time delaying circuitry, which will be a mess. :P

They should consider implementing a "feedback"-output on door-servos. So you've the input which triggers opening/closing and an output that sends 0 or 1 depending if it is fully opened or fully closed.
tainã
level0

Postby tainã » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Another thing, believe that we should decide which prisoners can enter in the prison.

I guess it should a system where each prisioner has a "price", according your degree of dangerousness.

I think its obvious the greater its risk, more the government will pay to keep this guy d:
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:21 pm

tainã wrote:Another thing, believe that we should decide which prisoners can enter in the prison.

I guess it should a system where each prisioner has a "price", according your degree of dangerousness.

I think its obvious the greater its risk, more the government will pay to keep this guy d:

Isn't that already implemented? You can control what risk level to accept in the prisoner report menu. The maximums give you more money, while the minimums give you less. Unless you're suggesting something different?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:26 pm

tainã wrote:Another thing, believe that we should decide which prisoners can enter in the prison.

Everything you are suggesting is already in the game. However, it requires that you create a prison without the "Continuous Intake" option selected. If you did not select continuous intake, then you can close your prison to prisoners of each security level (for instance, you could allow in just maximum security prisoners and close the prison to minimum or medium security prisoners). I am also fairly sure that minimum security prisoners earn $50 / day, medium security prisoners earn $100 / day, and maximum security prisoners earn $150 / day.

xander

EDIT: N-N-N-N-NINJA'D! (this was the last topic I got to after opening several tabs). :(

Return to “Introversion Blog”