Prison Architect Alpha 23

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Chris
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Prison Architect Alpha 23

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:15 pm

Alpha 23 has been released! Steam users will be automatically updated. Non-steam users can download the latest version from the builds page here:
http://www.prison-architect.com/builds.html

You need an active forum account to access the builds from our website. If you haven’t already done so, please register your game here to gain access to the builds, the private forums, the bug database and the wiki.
http://www.prison-architect.com/register

Here is our video demonstrating the new features:

Remote Access systems
You can now build a number of interconnected systems and servos in your prison, to automate access through locked doors.
These new objects are unlocked via 'Remote Access' in the beauracracy screen, and available in the Utilities menu.
All of these systems can be connected together using the 'Connect' tool in the Utilities menu.

- Door Servo : Attaches to an existing door. Can be triggered electrically to open the door.

- Door Control System : Operated by a guard in a security room. Allows guards to open doors remotely.
The system is connected to servos via the new 'Connect' tool in the utilities menu.
Note: The operator can open a maximum of two doors per second, so don't overload a single system with too many servos.
Note: If a Door Control System becomes broken, ALL connected doors will spring open.

- Door Timer : Another way to control doors automatically, based on time of day. Click on the door timer to access its schedule.
All connected doors will be opened when the schedule says they should be.

- Remote Door : A strong metal door that cannot be opened with Jail Keys. You must connect this door up with a Door Servo
and control it remotely somehow.

Cctv overhall
The old cctv system has been replaced, using the new Connection mechanics developed for Remote Access Systems.
Cctv Monitors must now be connected to cameras using the 'Connect' tool.
A single Cctv Monitor must now be operated by one Guard, and a Guard can only operate one monitor at a time.
A Monitor can be connected to as many cameras as you wish, but has only eight screens.
If you connect it to more than eight cameras, the monitor will cycle through them, giving only partial coverage.

[ADVANCED FEATURE] Logic Circuits
Two new objects have been added purely as an experiment, and are not required for any normal prison.
These objects can be used to build advanced electrical circuits.

- Logic Circuit : A boolean logic gate with X inputs and 1 output.
Available operations : And / Or / Not / Nand / Nor / Xor
Right click on the circuit to cycle the operation.

- Logic Bridge : Can be used to send a signal via Electrical Cable (normally used to power your prison)
Place the Logic Bridge over a cell containing Electrical cable, and that entire cable will have the same signal value.
Any Logic Circuit sitting on the same Electrical Cable will receive the signal as one of its inputs.
This is specifically useful for transmitting a common signal around your circuit - eg a Clock signal,
without requiring thousands of seperate wires.

Contraband Smuggling continued

- Contraband can now be smuggled in via materials in a Delivery Truck. Anything brought in via Delivery Trucks can be used.
Eg Food ingredients, metal sheets for the workshop, prisoner uniforms, construction materials etc.
Dogs will detect narcotics in these items, and metal detectors will spot metal items.
Guards can now search these items on request.
Once brought into the prison, the contraband will remain in its material until a nearby prisoner picks it up.
Note: The types of contraband smuggled in this way will be determined by the Supply and Demand within the prison.

- Contraband can now be thrown in over the external walls.
Prisoners 'arrange' this when phoning home, or when talking to their visitors in Visitation.
They will arrange to go to a pre-determined place at a certain time, and collect a specific item.
The item chosen will be based on the needs of that prisoner.
If there are guards near the collection point, the contraband will not be thrown in.
The maximum throw range is 10 squares, and cannot happen in sectors marked as 'Staff Only' as prisoners cannot get there.

- Intoxication is now a type of Misconduct, and is 'detected' when a Guard searches a prisoner. He will notice they are high/drunk.
You can now set the punishment for Intoxication in the Policy table.
Being caught Intoxicated automatically refers the prisoner to the relevent 'Rehab' program, if it exists.

- Utilities mode now filters the display based on what you are building, to give a clearer view.
Only relevent objects and connections will be shown depending on the mode - Electrical, Pipes, Circuit wiring.

- Fences are no longer free (YOU try getting hundreds of metres of fences for free)

- You can now expand and contract the Todo list to free up screen space

- More info has been added to the tooltips in the Build Toolbar

- Kitchen Sinks now require a water pipe connection

- The 'Day X' timer in the top toolbar now shows the total 'Real Time' played on this prison

- Fixed a subtle bug in the audio system that caused audio corruption sometimes - buzzing, popping, clicking

Stay up to date:
Subscribe to our Blog
Subscribe to our Youtube channel
Follow us on Twitter
Join our mailing list
Follow our twitch.tv livestream - we sometimes code live on twitch
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 23

Postby RGeezy911 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm

Awesome job guys! Stickied for the month.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Good features but perfomance is still crappy since Alpha 21... I hope it will be fixed on next update, particularly for dual core users.
deslona
level1
level1

Postby deslona » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 pm

I was getting worried you wouldn't make it by the end of the month! Thanks!
The Stig
level1
level1

Postby The Stig » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:13 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Good features but perfomance is still crappy since Alpha 21... I hope it will be fixed on next update, particularly for dual core users.

The game really needs to be optimized, both dual and quad core CPUs. The CPU- and GPU-load is never close to 100 %, and the GPU-load is jumping regularly every few seconds. Apart from this, the alpha looks very good.
Nicotin
level1
level1

Postby Nicotin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Oh my god, I'm so happy about this alpha.

I will try to remember my processor building course and get to work.

Oh yeah, prisons will also be build...
Rodkor
level0

Postby Rodkor » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:57 pm

I log in for the first time in months to say that I think the advanced (well, for most people) circuits are super sweet. Also free fence didn't make sense. Keep adding smart features :P
Rodkor
level0

Postby Rodkor » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 pm

P.S. I think it's time to sell my $1.000.000 shithole and build a decent prison
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:10 pm

This stuff is so awesome :D
Out of curiosity, since I'm not that into the servo stuff and all, would it be possible to make some sort of air-lock with the logic bridges? So Door #2 can only open if Door #1 is closed, and vice versa?
Sporegen
level1
level1

Postby Sporegen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Sweet update! I love this kind of stuff.
Pvt_Ryan
level0

Postby Pvt_Ryan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:22 pm

Logic gate & automatic doors..

Haven't tried looked yet but I wonder if it is possible to set up an airlock?
If inner door is open then close outer door. If inner door is closed open outer door...

Loving the CCTV changes now actually makes sense..
mazetar
level2
level2

Postby mazetar » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:26 pm

wow, I did not see this one comming so soon :)
Can't wait to get home and play with these awesome features!

Insanely awesome!
Lo6a4evskiy
level0

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:39 pm

Okay, somebody will probably build a processor out of this.

Actually I could try and implement superscalar we designed last semester. It will take ages, but hey.

Pvt_Ryan wrote:Haven't tried looked yet but I wonder if it is possible to set up an airlock?
If inner door is open then close outer door. If inner door is closed open outer door...

Door opens, triggers a bunch of empty gates that delay it enough, opening the other door after the first one closes. You could also try to connect doors with Not gate, but I'm not sure that would work.
Last edited by Lo6a4evskiy on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:44 pm

Whee!

xander
tainã
level0

Postby tainã » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:55 pm

Nice works guys, but i think the one thing missing are stairs!

See ya

Return to “Introversion Blog”