Prison Architect Alpha 18

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 18

Postby VoiD88 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:54 pm

RGeezy911 wrote:A small suggestion for Chris or Mark. Would you kindly format the Builds Page differently so it won't take a tremendously long time to load it because of the YouTube videos? Not sure if it's Firefox unable to handle the embeds, but it does lock up the browser for a few seconds as I load the page.

Thanks for the update, I will try getting the wiki up-to-date along with the help of other contributors.

+1 the builds page locks up my entire PC for a few seconds (I hate Adobe Flash Player so much, really annoying that there's no viable alternative for it :x ), maybe it should only display the youtube video for the most recent build and have links for the previous videos.
robmobz
level0

Postby robmobz » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:16 am

robotmp6023 wrote:
Second, When I try and Start a Kitchen Training Program, it says all Rooms Booked. I have not started any programs, and have a Classroom that is not scheduled for anything, and I have 10 Chefs when only 4 are needed for the Kitchen, so I have no idea what is causing this but it is a Problem.

You run that course in the kithen as shown in the video.

hope that helps.
rob
wolf3825
level0

Postby wolf3825 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:15 am

robotmp6023 wrote:PS. I was going to send you the Saved Game File, But I don't know where it is located, if you can tell me where, I can upload it to Google Drive and send a Link, (or send it another way if someone has a better suggestion)

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\saves

Hope that helps you.
alphabeast26
level0

Postby alphabeast26 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:46 pm

I think for the next alpha more focus should be paid to the execution and security room. another thing that would be great is to get rid of the whole click and drag or a setting that enables/disables it, this coming from a laptop user. Still loving the updates though. :D
URxLASTxBREATH
level0

Postby URxLASTxBREATH » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:53 am

I had finally broke down and bought this game. I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it, especially since I'm a Corrections Officer. It's a blast to have control over all aspects of how a prison funtions!

Anywho, to get down to business, I'm not 100% sure if this is a re-occuring bug since Alpha 18, but I have been having an issue with my new prison. The recreation need of my inmates is not being met. I watch the needs list often to adjust my regime and everytime inmates have yard time or free time this is the only need that doesn't seem to be getting met.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:38 am

URxLASTxBREATH wrote:I had finally broke down and bought this game. I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it, especially since I'm a Corrections Officer. It's a blast to have control over all aspects of how a prison funtions!

Anywho, to get down to business, I'm not 100% sure if this is a re-occuring bug since Alpha 18, but I have been having an issue with my new prison. The recreation need of my inmates is not being met. I watch the needs list often to adjust my regime and everytime inmates have yard time or free time this is the only need that doesn't seem to be getting met.

The regime itself does not satisfy the recreation need, rather your prisoners need access to either TVs or Pool Tables to satisfy that need. TVs and Pool Tables can only be used by one prisoner at a time so make sure there are enough of them.
raresteak
level1
level1

Postby raresteak » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Fix the laundry basket issue.

The whole reform and program stuff is worthless because 2/3s of the Prisoners moan about their clothing needs. This is a big issue with large prisons with several laundry rooms and baskets.
FastTquick
level0

Postby FastTquick » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:52 pm

I think that handing all of your guards tazers is fine in my opinion; especially since it takes a long time for tazers to recharge just like in real life. I believe that once a guard fires his tazer, he should go back to using his baton to incapacitate a prisoner until his weapon recharges.

Also, I got a few questions: If a prisoner takes part in a reform program, will his sentencing be reduced depending on how much progress he has made? And once he completes a program or a certain number of programs, will he then be eligable for early parole?

Finally, I think you guys should make the library serve dual purposes. I think that prisoners should not only be able to check out and read books for satisfying recreation needs, but also to help them progress through their education programs during free time.
xlr8films
level2
level2

Postby xlr8films » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:05 pm

raresteak wrote:Fix the laundry basket issue.

The whole reform and program stuff is worthless because 2/3s of the Prisoners moan about their clothing needs. This is a big issue with large prisons with several laundry rooms and baskets.

I have a 150 cap prison. In my regime, everybody showers first thing in the morning (7am) then "Nothing" at 8am. When they return to their cells at the 8am mark, the clothing change happens along with the bladder/bowels needs. Then I send them to the Yard at 9am for the rest. This is what brought the needs down for me. The janitors handle the laundry during the day and mostly at night anyways, so there is clean clothing (generally) available to meet the need. Try that out.

Additionally, I've found no use for Freetime, using the above method.
MasterCyclonis
level0

Carpentry Room

Postby MasterCyclonis » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:08 pm

If I may make a suggestion, there should be a separate carpentry room options so workshop can only work on license plates and carpentry can work on beds and separate the people qualified for carpentry from the people only qualified for workshop
facc00
level0

Postby facc00 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:17 am

To help out the first part, I believe it has something to do with how far it can go from the generator. Maybe someone else can clarify here.

This second part is in the reports under reigeme you need to set Block hours for work. Close reports repoen and goto programs and click start on any of the programs you have rooms for and it should show up as the pictures for Alpha 18 show. Hope this helps!

robotmp6023 wrote:Hello guys.

I am having quite a few problems with A18.

First, Crewman are not installing electrical cables correctly, If I give them a Straight Line say 50 units long, they install a roughly random set of 40, (The Electrical Cable line is not running under any walls.)

Second, When I try and Start a Kitchen Training Program, it says all Rooms Booked. I have not started any programs, and have a Classroom that is not scheduled for anything, and I have 10 Chefs when only 4 are needed for the Kitchen, so I have no idea what is causing this but it is a Problem.

Thanks

Marco

PS. I was going to send you the Saved Game File, But I don't know where it is located, if you can tell me where, I can upload it to Google Drive and send a Link, (or send it another way if someone has a better suggestion)
CarlRyds
level0

Postby CarlRyds » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:08 pm

I would like to see 'Unsolved Murders' get sorted out in the next Alpha. Maybe an Investigations room with Investigators as a new staff member?
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:05 pm

Hey Chris, you guys just got featured on a Dutch gaming website :) http://www.gamer.nl/preview/454118/prison-architect-huisje-boompje-prikkeldraad
(Maybe use a translator :P)
Nebelpfade
level0

Postby Nebelpfade » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:50 am

I usually find myself with almost no prisonners interrested into the classes, so I wonder how you can get over 20, when I get like 2-3 at most.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:15 pm

iScripters wrote:Hey Chris, you guys just got featured on a Dutch gaming website :) http://www.gamer.nl/preview/454118/prison-architect-huisje-boompje-prikkeldraad
(Maybe use a translator :P)

Just read it. Quite a nice story and good for sales but it says little about the gameplay and such, just the general idea.

Return to “Introversion Blog”