The only place you'll ever hear the truth
knoest26
level5
level5

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 16 released

Postby knoest26 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:10 am

qlf00n wrote:
Choppie wrote:
qlf00n wrote:I think there's a bug with cutting trees for sawing in the workshop. If you plant them one by one and then "dismantle" / harvest everything is ok but if plant them by selecting a tree and dragging it over the place (in a row or similar for space efficiency) it most often gives the wood of one tree when harvesting. Long story short: you plant many trees and you harvest like it was one planted. Anybody want to confirm this?

I can confirm that this happens in my game, too. :cry:

Where can we report this issue? Is this thread appropriate place? The bug looks pretty easy to fix from the outside.

Bugs should go in the Mantis Bug tracking system
qlf00n
level0

Postby qlf00n » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:12 am

VoiD88 wrote:I said it before, I'll say it again: One of the things I look forward to most in a new PA alpha is the release video. Those are always a blast!

But I have a suggestion for those in future updates: When Johnny or Ryan or Alistair or any other of Introversions freelance guys make significant changes to the game, why not have them join Mark and Chris in the presentation of those features? I think it would be great to have them talk a bit about their own work in those release videos :)

I agree!
CJH
level2
level2

Postby CJH » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:55 am

I bought the name in game upgrade for 10 dollars now, i registred everything and put in my name alias and customized my inmate :P, when will the character be added ingame?

Best regards
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:03 am

CJH wrote:I bought the name in game upgrade for 10 dollars now, i registred everything and put in my name alias and customized my inmate :P, when will the character be added ingame?

Best regards

Probably when the next alpha is released.

xander
activillain
level0

Postby activillain » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:41 am

woot
Nirolosa
level0

Postby Nirolosa » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:42 am

xander wrote:
CJH wrote:I bought the name in game upgrade for 10 dollars now, i registred everything and put in my name alias and customized my inmate :P, when will the character be added ingame?

Best regards

Probably when the next alpha is released.

xander

How did you go about getting the $10 upgrade? I have a steam version, my husband has a store version and neither of us have found the $10 upgrade.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Nirolosa wrote:How did you go about getting the $10 upgrade? I have a steam version, my husband has a store version and neither of us have found the $10 upgrade.

Here ye be: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarc ... promo.html

If you're curious, it's at the bottom of this page when you login: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/

Edit: For added convenience, I have placed a "Promotions" module on the main page of the wiki to alert current owners of active discounts. (They could gift to others or upgrade their tier for a discount, etcetera..)
Last edited by RGeezy911 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nirolosa
level0

Postby Nirolosa » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:50 am

RGeezy911 wrote:
Nirolosa wrote:How did you go about getting the $10 upgrade? I have a steam version, my husband has a store version and neither of us have found the $10 upgrade.

Here ye be: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarc ... promo.html

If you're curious, it's at the bottom of this page when when you login: http://www.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/register/

Edit: For added convenience, I have placed a "Promotions" module on the main page of the wiki to alert current owners of active discounts. (They could gift to others or upgrade their tier for a discount, etcetera..)

Fantastic :) Thanks for the info!
Njord85
level0

Postby Njord85 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Awesome game! thanks and a happy newyear.
wUndertUnge
level1
level1

Postby wUndertUnge » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:55 am

So I purchased the game a few months ago at the Alpha 8 release, I believe, and it's amazing how so many of the new features make this game a compulsively, full-fletched game...almost. Obviously, this game has a ways to go, but it's great to see the evolution. I played for 40 hours in the first week then barely picked it up. Now, it's a game I really want to invest in again. Good job guys.
Anthlon
level0

Postby Anthlon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:17 am

Good job with this one again, keep up good work guys.

One simple idea for other feature:
:arrow: what about a " Personalistic (prisoner) manager" as a staff member, needed for enable function "balancing number of inmates"
/so you after that (bureaucracy, build office, hire him..), don't need still after some time click or watch open-closed option for new inmates. / or it could be triple option of have up to three staff members of this type, each for one class of prisoners, optionaly in one (larger office) and switch them for open/manager controlled/close for new inmates, this staff could work with some small random inaccuracy for one day pre-set so you can end with still 2 cells remainig and (virtual)close status(until next day or period), or other way only two cells left until next 8 (or more than 2) arrives.
Last edited by Anthlon on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DHKold
level1
level1

Postby DHKold » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:13 pm

kalleva wrote:-specify what the guard should do
-little campain

It's been said that they intend to have the AI controlling most of the little people in our prison. Being able to specify what guard should do would go in the opposite direction ^^

The campain is planned I guess, but as the last thing to be added since it would be kind of stupid to build a campain on an unfinished game that may change quickly :)
Omians
level0

Postby Omians » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:12 am

Any way of having the Cam Stations being able to control doors in a section of the Prison the Camera is in? i work at a jail but it works pretty much the same, they have different areas for different inmates, alpha is for new arrivals Quads is for ones that have been there awhile, in Alpha there is a station for guards that look out at inmates in their common area they hang out during the day but there is a computer they have that lets them unlock each inmate cell without having to walk up to it and use their key

Quads has a lot of inmates and Subsections but it has it as well but has a station that lets them unlock doors as well, then there is central control that has access to all High secturity doors and when an intercom button is pressed at each door central control can look at each door to see who pressed it and lets them through if they have clearance

another thing that would be nice to add would be video visitation, place i work at has a room for the Public accessible area of the jail for people to come in talk to a guard, drop off their drivers licence and told to sit at a monitor, they pick up a phone receiver and the inmate they want to talk goes to the monitor that is located in the section of the jail they are in and picks up theirs, there is no physical contact but they can talk and communicate for the duration of the visit, there is a cam on the monitor on both sides so they see each other as well and guards in Central control overlook the conversations

Edit: with the Central control you can put up more high sec. doors and let staff move a bit more freely, the remote unlockable doors the jail uses are comparable to the solitary confinement doors in the game, but in the jail i work at all the doors are like this and are remotely controlled even the inmate cells, the public area of the jail has standard doors and staff areas are key card controled
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Omians wrote:--==<snip>==--

You might want to have a look through this topic on how to post a suggestion or question. Posting in this thread is a pretty sure way to guarantee that almost no one will ever read or comment on your ideas.

xander
Omians
level0

Postby Omians » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:33 pm

xander wrote:
Omians wrote:--==<snip>==--

You might want to have a look through this topic on how to post a suggestion or question. Posting in this thread is a pretty sure way to guarantee that almost no one will ever read or comment on your ideas.

xander

oh im sorry, i have not gone through this fourm before, thank you very much

Return to “Introversion Blog”