Prison Architect Alpha 15

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Beckah101
level0

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 15

Postby Beckah101 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:18 am

Thanks _alphaBeta_ I'll try that out and if it happens again I'll get a screen shot.
1sammy
level0

Postby 1sammy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 am

[quote="DavidPolak"] Also, workers seems to be less reactive to jobs, if a job is queued, they don't doing it (even if the queue is empty and they're doing nothing).
:cry:
I have the same problem the workers just stand around and do nothing even if their is a huge list of queued jobs
Please Fix!!
1sammy
level0

Postby 1sammy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:37 am

[quote="DavidPolak"] Also, workers seems to be less reactive to jobs, if a job is queued, they don't doing it (even if the queue is empty and they're doing nothing).
I have the same problem the workers just stand around and do nothing even if their is a huge list of queued jobs
Please Fix!!
StrudelNinja
level0

Postby StrudelNinja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:33 am

1sammy wrote:
DavidPolak wrote: Also, workers seems to be less reactive to jobs, if a job is queued, they don't doing it (even if the queue is empty and they're doing nothing).
Please Fix!!

The hot fix fixed cancelling jobs, but I too am having this problem now. No prisoners yet, so if jobs are getting assigned to non-existent prisoners, I can't tell.
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:12 pm

StrudelNinja wrote:The hot fix fixed cancelling jobs, but I too am having this problem now. No prisoners yet, so if jobs are getting assigned to non-existent prisoners, I can't tell.

Are there specific objects you are encountering? Did you unlock Deployment so you can see whether the area is accesable?
Sondreking
level0

Postby Sondreking » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:35 pm

I have the same problem as mentioned a couple of times above. My workers just stop building. Some of them build walls around themselves (incredibly annoying, wish they could make a system for preventing that), but workers also stop constructing for no reason, with lots of jobs in the queue, and nothing blocking their path. The game is unplayable for me at the moment because of this.

Also, I can't access the Mantis bug reporting site. I am using the same username and password as here, but it does not work. Can anyone help me with this?
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Sondreking wrote:Also, I can't access the Mantis bug reporting site. I am using the same username and password as here, but it does not work. Can anyone help me with this?

The Mantis Bug Tracker has two login gates. The first to determine who has dev access to Prison Architect related content, the second to access your personal account on the tracker itself. I am assuming you're stuck on the second login screen, which means you simply need to create an account for it. Just like you should have access to the wiki, but you still need to create another personal account to record your edits.
robotmp6023
level0

Re: Prison Architect Alpha 15 - Error Causes Quit.

Postby robotmp6023 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:32 am

Hello I seem to be getting this error a lot.

I got a similar error during alpha 14 but it has started again.

This Error Also Quits the Game

Image Below of the Error Message.

http://imgur.com/V6rfutP
DavidPolak
level0

Postby DavidPolak » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:50 am

Any 15c, or we just need to wait 1 month ?
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:14 am

DavidPolak wrote:Any 15c, or we just need to wait 1 month ?

It's already out.
robotmp6023
level0

Postby robotmp6023 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:02 am

RGeezy911 wrote:
DavidPolak wrote:Any 15c, or we just need to wait 1 month ?

It's already out.

ok how about 15Q
moquan
level0

Postby moquan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:31 pm

I added one of these to the bug tracker, but the other I'm not quite sure is a bug or not:

1) Janitors and Psychologists don't remove fog of war. Seems to me like they should - doctors, foremen, and accountants do. (reported as a possible bug)

2) Changing security level changes. Seems like this is a fairly easy system to abuse unless I'm missing something. You can get more money by changing their security level around midnight then tweak it down.

I'm not sure if there is a place for suggestions. Please let me know if there is a better place for posts like this.

Thanks!
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 am

moquan wrote:2) Changing security level changes. Seems like this is a fairly easy system to abuse unless I'm missing something. You can get more money by changing their security level around midnight then tweak it down.

Not sure about the very beginning, but this is the first time prisoner classifications have yielded different fund allotments. On the surface, yes, I'd say it is exploitable. I'm also sure that people aren't going to go out of their way to click through setting dozens of prisoner classifications twice just to get a little ahead on the books. Especially when you can gift yourself untold sums of cash by editing the save game. Not sure if IV plans to "fix" the save game exploit either, but I see no reason to. This is a simulator. If you want to start with huge amounts of cash and continuously build, more power to you. If you want to play by the defaults and draw satisfaction from staying within the confines of the game economy, that's fine too.

More importantly, I've wondered if changing the classifications also changes the behavior accordingly. Or a prisoner is a prisoner, and it's up the warden (you) how they're classified. Put another way, are the personalities fixed when the prisoner arrives and stay constant regardless of what color jumpsuit you put them in? I don't know how it works now. Eventually, I'm thinking it should be the latter and would give the game some more realism and depth in the way that the player could single out troublesome prisoners and flag for them extra attention based on recent behavior. Having the personalities change over time, and perhaps based on doing jobs or education (if that's a feature someday) would bring even more depth to the game. Prisons are, after all, supposed to rehabilitate people.
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:45 am

Will there be A15d???????????????

To find out,

Ban me!
Last edited by bert_the_turtle on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderator abuse! (Post was 1E+4 lines long)
Fluclo
level0

Postby Fluclo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:57 am

I'm having difficulties getting the mods to work.

If I download the ZIP files and leave them as is in the mods folder, nothing shows.

When I unzip the ZIP files into the mods folder, there's a folder with the mod name, inside that folder is manifest.txt and data folder with related files.
They display as "Available Mods" in PA15c, however when I click them, there's a big red box with a green cross in it.
When I put a check into the box, it moves to "Active Mods", but the mods don't work in the game.

Any suggestions what else I'm missing, how can I get the mods to work in the game?

Return to “Introversion Blog”