Prison Architect Alpha 11

The only place you'll ever hear the truth
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:28 am

Theres a lot of changes and improvements in game, thats not on that change list they posted here. Thats just the major things.

And in my opinion, they have done a lot for such a small dev team. :roll:

More I play this version, more impressed I am, it is very well ironed out from the last version, only a month before. And they are of course also working on other things, that weren't ready to be released in to Alpha 11. :wink:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:...small dev team.

Where "small dev team" is a euphemism for "a single programmer."

xander
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:55 pm

You think they don't use some cheap kitchens outsourcing ?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:13 pm

Continuous intake is broke :/ (need to add two lines to your save file to get it working, well i do anyhow...)

Also at the time i was not aware there was only one person working on the programming side, though i did hear Chris say some is coding outsourced on twitch.

Xander i really can not be bothered to read your posts sorry...
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Oh good, just what I was hoping for. We can repeat the whole name capitalization discussion again... :roll:
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:24 pm

NeatNit wrote:Oh good, just what I was hoping for. We can repeat the whole name capitalization discussion again... :roll:

Got to admit, I do get a little miffed when people type mine incorrectly.
Balanuir
level0

Postby Balanuir » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:26 pm

I would so love to try it out.

Unfortunately, Valve has fucked up the Steam client on Mac OS X and it doesn't launch anymore. I know I shouldn't have trusted this shit. :-(
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Balanuir wrote:I would so love to try it out.

Unfortunately, Valve has fucked up the Steam client on Mac OS X and it doesn't launch anymore. I know I shouldn't have trusted this shit. :-(

Do this and then download the Mac version from here.
Balanuir
level0

Postby Balanuir » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:05 am

Thanks. Trying that now.
Sillyway
level0

Postby Sillyway » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:41 pm

I LOVE the new patch! Been waiting for these fixes, especially the clothing thing. Was a little too difficult because they always rioted in the shower.. Always.. :C

I know this is early but in the future will you be able to choose how long a "year" is in PA-days? Right now I think the prisoners are released way too fast.. :l I barely had one prioners 24 hours. You probably already have some ideas about releasing prisoners and stuff, right? :3
froesch
level0

Postby froesch » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:04 am

i found chris delay when he got released XD
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Look at him. He's only 18 and already his hair is grey.
the__itis
level0

My bug notes for alpha 11

Postby the__itis » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:11 am

1. This one is the most irritating. I have one LARGE kitchen and two smaller canteens. The cooks will only deliver food to one.
2. If there is a lightbulb above another object, when I want to dismantle the below object, I have to first dismantle the lightbulb.
3. Prisoners completely ignore deployment boundaries. They only follow staff only. I have a prison with three wards. Intended to be segregated by prisoner classification. the only time they seem to notice is in cell assignment. Even when separated by jail doors, the guards will open the jail doors and let them into non-assigned areas.
4. Workers is based on room square footage. Should be based on Equipment in room. (e.g. laundry has 10 machines = 10 jobs | Workshop has 5 saws and 5 presses = 10 jobs ). However, the cleaning cupboard should be based on over all interior square footage of the prison.
5. Guards should be assignable to a CCTV monitor specifically. Coming from a security background, I can tell you that 1 guard can watch 9 cameras effectively. 1600 investment for 3 cameras is not worth it. Guards Should also be able to be assigned to metal detectors. A little more complicate, but a being able to schedule guards based on activities and locations would be amazing. Yard time = 5 guards in yard, eat time = 5 guards in canteen. This is much more like real life.
6. 5 hours free 2 hours work 1 hour eat is a magic formula.
7. Guards and staff open doors to outside when prisoners are standing in front of the door. This would NEVER happen in the real world.
8. Workshop presses and saws almost never get built after being dismantled and then replaced.
9. WE NEED A MOVE ITEM ABILITY. I hate having to dismantled it then reassemble it to move an item one block.
the__itis
level0

more

Postby the__itis » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:51 am

Kitchen is jobs vs staff area...... This becomes really annoying. We all know kitchen needs to be in proximity to delivery and garbage. Well If you don't make it a staff only area, prisoners cut though it. This leads me to believe that there is more potential for escape. Yeah sure make the delivery area staff only, but something tells me that when prisoners are in "escape" mode, they'll ignore this.

ps. also I have created a bug with the security room that works out to my benefit.

http://i.imgur.com/LtLY9nE.jpg

Neat little trick to save money on guards watching CCTV

Return to “Introversion Blog”